Aspace Pirates

Anyone else having problems with aspace?

We started buying off plan (not sure where let the mrs sort that out) they are a year late and gave some excuse about price of steel. Because of the dip in the £ it was going to be another £5k so I said no under the terms of the contract we want a full refund. They refused and no we are suing them. The aunt went to court today and there were loads of people suing them. Not looking good for them at the moment!!!

Anyone else having problems with aspace?

We started buying off plan (not sure where let the mrs sort that out) they are a year late and gave some excuse about price of steel. Because of the dip in the £ it was going to be another £5k so I said no under the terms of the contract we want a full refund. They refused and no we are suing them. The aunt went to court today and there were loads of people suing them. Not looking good for them at the moment!!!

errrrrr....i think your looking at it from the wrong angle.......lots of people suing them, is not looking good for you.

:)

hmm..our condo was finished 3 or so months late. Did you also purchase one with their development around asoke-ratchada? The last phase (phase 3 I believe) has just started recently - my fiance wanted to buy into that phase early this year as well. Thxx god I convinced her to buy phase 2 off a private seller which was 90% done at the time of the downpayment. Have your wife check out www.prakard.com as people discuss all the major condo developments there - the Aspace development has its own forum devoted to it.

As far as I know Areeya, the developer, has no Aspace development on Suk39. There is one in outer Suk77 which from what I have heard is almost complete. Phase 3 in the Ratchada development is due to complete early next year I think.

As I said, they were a bit late but it wasnt too bad. I heard though that lots of people got really pissed by that as they had planned to move in by the scheduled date and already terminated their other leases.

We got pissed off by the sloppy workmanship they displayed and especially how the sales staff dealt with our complaints. Seriously, their comment was along the lines 'well, you cant expect everything to be 100% perfect'...we just asked them so how come the bloody showrooms are a 100% then...which they didnt have an answer for of course. We decided to take another route though (as they didnt wanna fix things at first) and got a professional architect/ surveyor in and she highlighted all the problems out to them. They basically couldnt refuse as a professional said that the unit is not ready to move in. That worked!

As far as I know Areeya, the developer, has no Aspace development on Suk39. There is one in outer Suk77 which from what I have heard is almost complete. Phase 3 in the Ratchada development is due to complete early next year I think.

As I said, they were a bit late but it wasnt too bad. I heard though that lots of people got really pissed by that as they had planned to move in by the scheduled date and already terminated their other leases.

We got pissed off by the sloppy workmanship they displayed and especially how the sales staff dealt with our complaints. Seriously, their comment was along the lines 'well, you cant expect everything to be 100% perfect'...we just asked them so how come the bloody showrooms are a 100% then...which they didnt have an answer for of course. We decided to take another route though (as they didnt wanna fix things at first) and got a professional architect/ surveyor in and she highlighted all the problems out to them. They basically couldnt refuse as a professional said that the unit is not ready to move in. That worked!

Was driving pass Huay Kwang yesterday. Noticed that the air-con condenser units are installed blowing sideways on short balconies. Distance of condenser unit to opposing wall is only about 1.5m. This will cause hot air to be circulated back to the rear of the condenser unit, lowering cooling efficiency for the power consumed.

Was driving pass Huay Kwang yesterday. Noticed that the air-con condenser units are installed blowing sideways on short balconies. Distance of condenser unit to opposing wall is only about 1.5m. This will cause hot air to be circulated back to the rear of the condenser unit, lowering cooling efficiency for the power consumed.

We are based ground floor by the pool - I wouldnt have bought any other unit in that development if we hadnt got any on ground level. But thanks for pointing that out, I didnt know that and will take that into account for the next purchase.

By the way, trogers, I have been following your posts on this forum and quite like your business idea / concept. Might look into that in the future as well. Just a quick question: Am I right in assuming that you plan the interior design of the condos you purchase, buy the materials and then have a contractor actually do it or do you do everything yourself including the handy work?

Cheers,

emsfeld

By the way, trogers, I have been following your posts on this forum and quite like your business idea / concept. Might look into that in the future as well. Just a quick question: Am I right in assuming that you plan the interior design of the condos you purchase, buy the materials and then have a contractor actually do it or do you do everything yourself including the handy work?

Cheers,

emsfeld

When I take possession of the condo unit, I get me contractor to measure the space and produce floor plans. Then I set him a total material, installation and supervision budget (usually based on Bt/m2), and tell him my conceptual finishes, lighting and fixed furnishings to be incorporated.

We would then come to an agreement on the specifications of finishes that can be handled by the budget. I usually direct purchase bathroom ware and fittings, and sink, hob, stove, and other electrical goods including the air-con units. These are installed by the contractor or his sub-contractors. If windows and doors have to be replaced (usually do), the cost is included in the agreed budget and done by him.

Edited by trogers

like i said i have no idea where it is other than it is a 20 min (or so) walk to the sky train and not far from the new aiport.

it was supoosed to be completed last summer, our friends just accepted theirs but we pushed back aspace wanted to up the size of the apprtment and claw back some of their losses and the change in exchange rate made it another £5k.

when they tell you that they couldn't afford the steel work you have to wonder if they used all they should have or if they cut back!

lets hope there are no earthquakes to find out!!

it was supoosed to be completed last summer, our friends just accepted theirs but we pushed back aspace wanted to up the size of the apprtment and claw back some of their losses and the change in exchange rate made it another £5k.

There is a clause in the sales contract that in case the sqm size of your unit turns out larger than initially stated that they get paid the remainder at a predetermined THB/sqm rate (the rate is in your sales contract). This is legit unless they agreed to accept 0 THB/sqm which I cant believe :).

Odd though that they are in such a delay. They were reasonably enough on time (so far) on their Ratchada site with minor delays. If I recall correctly, similar reasons for the delays were stated back then - like the materials were more expensive than they expected or something which is utter BS in my opinion. Areeya have never done highrise developments before so I think they just hopelessly underestimated the timelines.

You bought a condo without knowing where it is??

The Areeya A-Space, 6-8 blocks with either pool or garden in between is on Dindeang. Near where Asoke becomes Ratcada. I know 'cos I visited them when I was condo shopping early 2008. Also Im on Suk39 and there are no projects like that around here.

Back then they told me it will be completed at the end of 2008. I asked to see the work progress and saw an empty field and told the sales rep he was crazy to think it could be completed. Thats when i decided not to get it. <deleted> if the sales rep cant tell me the truth then, it does not bode well.

What do you mean they want to up the size? Do as emsfield and get a pro to check out the place. When they build a condo, the structure is set, support beams etc. They cant increase a unit size without making another unit smaller.

Yes...I wouldnt believe as well (that the size was actually larger) but the architect we hired actually confirmed it (independently). We ended up with 1 sqm more - which is not that much in the scheme of things and was only an issue for ground floor apartments. Not sure where the extra sqm came from but I think the pool and hallway might have turned out slighly narrower than anticipated. Plus, I could imagine that the walls separating the units (and bedrooms from lounge rooms) might have turned out a little thinner. Who knows...for us it's an investment for now and at a later stage a city crash pad. Totally fits the bill for this purpose.

Areeya built their reputation on townhouse/ house developments in the mid to outer Bangkok areas. Aspace was their first 'high-rise' undertaking from what I know.

Dont get me wrong - after everything had been fixed (which took them 2 months for minor issues) and enduring the harassing and bullying calls from their sales person to sign off (for some strange reason especially around Songkran :) we had lots of calls from her) we are very happy with the result now.

One more note on the sales person: she even went so far as to ring up the bank and remind them that the mortgage we had preapproved was due to be signed off by us. To cut a long story short, all of a sudden the bank started pressuring us to sign off so that the mortgage can begin. That's when we got the professional evaluate the faults and sign off on them. We took that document to the bank, explained why we werent going to sign any time soon and if they dont like it, we ll be off to the next one. They didnt bother us any longer after that.

You bought a condo without knowing where it is??

The Areeya A-Space, 6-8 blocks with either pool or garden in between is on Dindeang. Near where Asoke becomes Ratcada. I know 'cos I visited them when I was condo shopping early 2008. Also Im on Suk39 and there are no projects like that around here.

Back then they told me it will be completed at the end of 2008. I asked to see the work progress and saw an empty field and told the sales rep he was crazy to think it could be completed. Thats when i decided not to get it. <deleted> if the sales rep cant tell me the truth then, it does not bode well.

What do you mean they want to up the size? Do as emsfield and get a pro to check out the place. When they build a condo, the structure is set, support beams etc. They cant increase a unit size without making another unit smaller.

my wife showed me where it was on the map but can't remember exactly but sounds like the ones and at the time it was a good deal £24k for 1 bed fully furnished with shower air con etc. They were a year late which because of the now crap exchange rates put it up to £30k then they wanted more because it was larger they wouldn't provide the furniture for almost 2 months. offered a couple of hundred £'s discount for late delivery they were taking the p*ss! They would't honour their own contract and refund. It cost us £800 to take them to court and there were loads of people on the same day doing the same thing. Now we have to wait and see what offer they come back with but it is looking like at best we will get back money but not any interest which was £500. I wouldn't trust them they think because you are a farrang you are going to accept it a year late with poor workmaship or give up and walk away!

I can only recommend you have a look. My fiance just said that the kinda rooms that are on offer so cheap are the kind that no one else wants.

However, if you don't want to live in there and rent it out, I think it might be worthwhile.

Also, let your wife read up on www.prakard.com what others have to say. Gauge where opinions tend to and act accordingly. As I mentioned previously, personally I wouldnt have wanted any other room then the ones by the pool - easy to rent out as lots of interest from potential tenants - even way before completion. Also check out on Prakard how long it took ppl to get their condo rented out when it wasnt located on ground floor. For some it took quite a while (mainly due to unrealistic asking prices IMO).

...personally I wouldnt have wanted any other room then the ones by the pool...

Take some care, some units near the pool or a floor above it may also be near to the toilets...and those should be avoided... :)

Very true....fortunately the Miss'us is very good at picking up on these finer details! That's why we are on the other end :D

By the way, thx, for the brief breakdown above, trogers. Meant to come back earlier but totally forgot.