Has Anyone Recently Bought A Condo In Pattaya?

-noodles-

I hope to put a deposit on a condo soon and want to know if anyone here can recommend a good lawyer to guide me through the process.

I have called Siam Legal in Pattaya Nua and was quoted prices between 40k and 70k!!!

He told me there were 3 different things that could need attention depending if the condo is bought off the plan or 2nd hand:

1) title search

2) contract scrutiny

3) transfer title at Land Dept.

I have read other threads where people say they were paying between 5k-10k which sounds like a reasonable amount for the work involved. I was surprised at the high prices being quoted from Siam Legal.

Ha, Ha, Ha, Nice price you were given, what are they joking?

The number one property attorney in Pattaya, by a wide margin is Chollada Sae-Lau. Her office is on Soi 6 of all places, it has been there for ever. A long time before Soi 6 was Soi 6.

There office number is 038-429-343. You can expect to pay 10,000 Baht. There staff is at the land office everyday, in fact I often joke with them that they should just get a shop-house across the street from the land office and they would not have to travel so much.

I hope to put a deposit on a condo soon and want to know if anyone here can recommend a good lawyer to guide me through the process.

I have called Siam Legal in Pattaya Nua and was quoted prices between 40k and 70k!!!

He told me there were 3 different things that could need attention depending if the condo is bought off the plan or 2nd hand:

1) title search

2) contract scrutiny

I have read other threads where people say they were paying between 5k-10k which sounds like a reasonable amount for the work involved. I was surprised at the high prices being quoted from Siam Legal.

I recently used Siam legal Pattaya for another matter, very slow expensive, & was not very impressed with them, I would not use them again

Khun Visan at the attorney house on Pattaya nua is also good for property transfers, he is oposite the Jewellery centre, the roundabout end of Pattaya nua

1) title search

2) contract scrutiny

The reply below is the best option. Khun Chollada. I have known her and done business for the past 6 years with her. NEVER a hipcup or ripoff. Here, call her direct 0840004001 or 081 863 4483. inform her recomend from john & Prem. you'll be delighted

I used Mr. Ken Nittihwat on 3rd & Central intersection, across from ToT building. Cost was about 15k if I remember right. I thought he was pretty helpful and gave me some free advice / assistance after the purchase when the condo management company changed and they owed me some rent money.

Thanks for the replies, Khun Chollada has been given a good vote of confidence so i'll be in touch with her this week now that i have paid a deposit.

I also called another Thai lawyer that was recommended and he quoted 20k for everything.

Yeah i think those fellas at Siam Legal must have been having a laugh. I guess they should look at their pricing schedule and be more competitive .... perhaps they're simply trying to maintain a similar income and lifestyle they were used to back in faranglad.

But i must say they have a good website with lots of info and some free PDF book downloads. It's a better website than Sunbelt Asia as far as information content.