O Marriage Visa Latest?

That time again.Im married to a Thai national and we have a 2 year old daughter.I'm up for my yearly extension based on marriage.For the 2 previous years extensions we showed tax receipts and the PD91 and 94 forms.Tax was paid on wife's income which was over the 40,000 baht per month requirement.In affect,she was 'supporting' me.Does this rule still apply?

No, under the new rules the income or money in the bank has to be the foreign husbands, the Thai wife's income or money in the bank is no longer taken into consideration.

Seems you now only have the option of showing 400,000 in a bankaccount for 2 or even 3 months prior to your extension. if you need more time you can always get a 60 day extension if you have a Thai wife.

As said it has to be the Husbands Income or Savings.

This is the rule.

(6) In case of marriage with a Thai lady, the husband who is an alien must have an average annual income of not less than 40,000 baht per month or a money deposit in a local Thai bank of not less than 400,000 baht for the past 2 months for expenses within a year.

ISnt there a clause related to 'parent'(2.18 (5))Doesnt the fact that we have a 2 yr old come into the equation and the 40,000 p.m apply?Or have I misunderstood?

Basicly, if you are married Immigration will look at an extension based on having a Thai wife. But even if they didn't, they still would like to see an income of 40,000 baht from you.

I think clause 5 is wrongly formulated and must be read like this: In case of a Thai child the foreign parent must have....

Edit:

Translation of relevant clauses:

(5) In the case of a parent, one of parents must have an average annual income of not less than 40,000 baht per month or a money deposit of not less than 400,000 baht for expenses within a year.

In other necessary circumstances, The Immigration Commissioner or Deputy of Immigration Commissioner may approve on case to case basis.

(6) In case of marriage with a Thai lady, the husband who is an alien must have an average annual income of not less than 40,000 baht per month or a money deposit in a local Thai bank of not less than 400,000 baht for the past 2 months for expenses within a year.

An "average" income of 40000 per month. So is that for the last 12 months or the next 12 months? You either need a crystal ball or show immigration the strength of your home currency over the past year if your income comes that route. :)

Thanks for your advice.Wife has just checked Immig website in Thai.It appears the same as last years form we have stating the requirements ie: Phor Ngor Dor 91 receipts and minimum salary of 40,000.In the HOPE of clarifying,my wife will ATTEMPT to phone Immig tmrw.

An "average" income of 40000 per month. So is that for the last 12 months or the next 12 months? You either need a crystal ball or show immigration the strength of your home currency over the past year if your income comes that route. :)

It's normaly over the last 12 months, in the form of Thai tax documents or what ever your embassy accepts as proof to issue an incoem statement letter. They might accept proof over only the last 3 months.

Thanks for your advice.Wife has just checked Immig website in Thai.It appears the same as last years form we have stating the requirements ie: Phor Ngor Dor 91 receipts and minimum salary of 40,000.In the HOPE of clarifying,my wife will ATTEMPT to phone Immig tmrw.

The immigration website still states the old policeorder under "Acts".

The Thai version of the new policeorder can be found here: http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/post-a70478-...-2551.pdf.html/

Immigration has a 24 hour hotline 1111 or 1117.

Good morning from Udon-Thani...

Here are the information i got from a meeting taking place 2 weeks ago here in Udon.It was the Immigrations BIG boss how held this information AND a man at the meeting had the same question as you and the answer was:

-Yes the spause can support you with her income BUT she had to put HER money into YOUR account...the account has to be in YOUR name ONLY.

That was her answer..haven't doubble tripple checked it but maybe your wife can...if she does let us know..okey.

Have a good day,stay safe and BEHAVE :)

//Khun Hydro :D

Edited by MrHydro

Slightly related to this topic. My non O expires October 20th and I did have over 400k in my Siam Bank however have gone under considerably so assume that I will not be able to obtain the extension in October. However if I ensure there are sufficient funds at the end of this month, could I do a border run befor the visa expires giving me 3 months to middle of January and then apply for an extension at the end of December when the 400k has been in the bank for 3 months,or does the visa need to be valid. Help would be very much appreciated.

If you have a multiuple non-O visa, you will get a new 90 days every time you enter Thailand as long as the VISA is valid.

Otherwise you can just get a 60 day extension from immigration based on having a Thai wife, after that you will have the money there long enough and can get a new 1 year extension.

The 60 day extension costs 1,900 baht, like all extensions and bring the misses and marriage certificate. Shouldn't be any problem.

You need to look at it as an extension of your stay - not your visa. Your permitted to stay is what is being extended.

Just a little jab in the ribs Lop—no actual harm meant, but didn't you mean "Your permission to stay" is what is being extended.

In the future, I'll try to only single out those whose writing is totally incomprehensible.

• 2 weeks later...

a couple of wrinkles came up in my visit to get my first extension based on marriage to a thai - in CM immigration office.

1) I entered Aug 20, 2009 on Non-O, which expires Nov 19th. So when i tried to apply for extension yesterday, they told me to come bac on October 13th, or about 1 week before 30 days left on the visa. I GUESS they are trying to save me money and maximize my stay, but i would have preferred to just process my application yesterday... oh well, back on Oct 13th.

2) they asked for 2 copies of everything.,.. the TM-7, the photos, the map to my house, the marriage certificate, the kids birth certificate, etc... I did not see this mentioned in any other forums regarding requirements

3) they want our USA marriage certificate "certified" by the US embassy.

Now this is the one that stumps me... i specifically asked if they wanted it notarized and they said NO... certified.. now what the hel_l does that mean and how do i request this at the US embassy?

anyone had experience with that one?

thanks

zippy