Now Police Clearance Certificate For Non-o Visa

Just checked the Thai Embassy website in Germany. No new age requirements but, as is stated there, from now on they require a Police Clearance Certificate from Non-O applicants. No idea, how the honorary consulates handle this in the moment. And in Germany it takes up to 6 weeks to get this sheet of paper. Hope this does not apply for Non-B visa application. What`s next making living in Thailand more easy and comfortable? :)

Greetings

Ralf

I'm not sure if the Op is correct, as the Thai embassy in Germany website is not providing much information and i can't find the information there.

Can you provide us with a link to the where it says that a non-O requires a police clearence?

The site just links to the MFA website.

http://www.thaiembassy.de/form_visa.pdf is a link to their visa application form, with multiple choice boxes at top right, which does not differentiate between O and O-A. Just a field for number of entries.

I am in Munich and am going for a single entry Non-O at the end of the year, to the Hon. Consulate here.

thaiphoon might be referring to this http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/Retirement-V...66#entry2987466

Thank you Mahtin. That is indeed the thread I was thinking of. As you say, the multiple choice boxes do not differentiate between O and O-A, but there is no mention on the form of needing police clearance report.

Would still like to see the link from RALF61

Good luck with your own visa when you get to that stage (I remember your story ...).

Thank you Mahtin. That is indeed the thread I was thinking of. As you say, the multiple choice boxes do not differentiate between O and O-A, but there is no mention on the form of needing police clearance report.

Good luck with your own visa when you get to that stage (I remember your story ...).

The link is

http://www.thaiembassy.de/consul/13_visa_new.htm

seems they are referring to the O-A visa type but did not state this. Maybe they will not give away any other O-visa. By the way, it is always better to go to a consulate instead of dealing with Thai embassies...

The link is

http://www.thaiembassy.de/consul/13_visa_new.htm

seems they are referring to the O-A visa type but did not state this. Maybe they will not give away any other O-visa. By the way, it is always better to go to a consulate instead of dealing with Thai embassies...

Sorry, I forgot:

d. für die Beantragung des Non-Immigranten-O-Visums benötigen Sie eine Kopie des Rentenbescheids (mit min. 1200,00 € monatlich, falls dieser Betrag nicht erfuellt wird, weitere Vermoegensnachweise), ein polizeiliches Fuehrungszeugnis, sowie ein Gesundheitszeugnis vom Hausarzt.

d. for the application of non-immigrant O visa, you will need a copy of minutes of the pension certificate (with. 1200,00 € per month, whichever amount is not met, further Vermoegensnachweise), a police certificate and a health certificate from the doctor.

Above is Google translation and indeed it is talking about OA long stay visa.

The URL provides below document requirement for non immigrant O visa:

"O" - married to a Thai citizen

- Pensioners

(Marriage certificate or bond certificate (with the pension amount) must be available)

Edited by lopburi3

Is this outdated
with. 1200,00 € per month
or is this criteria similar to to wages they demand for foreigners working in Thailand, i.e.

different wage criteria for different country?

Some want you to be able to show around 65,000 baht a month income in local currency when applying for a non-O visa based on retirement and it is a requirement for the O-A visa (or show money in the bank).

The requirement for an O-A visa or an extension of stay based on retirement is fixed and independent of your nationality. Only for an extension of stay based on working comes the nationality into paly.