Deutsche Bank Credit Card

Hello,

I am new user and I hope I am writing in the right section of the forum.

I am new user of Deutsche Bank. They gave me a ATM card (maestro) and a VISA classic. ATM card doesnt work on ATMs. VISA only for payments not for widthdrawl of money. Does anybody knows or use Deautsche bank's cards here in Thailand? I live here and I come back to my country each 6 months only. I cannot get cash! Is the DB mastercard with same problem?

thanks

regards

I'll try to help. I assume these are German cards issued in Germany and not by Deutsche Bank Thailand. The DB Maestro card should work without problems on Thai ATMs. So should the credit card if you have a PIN code for it. I never used mine as the fees are extremely high. If you live in Thailand just open a bank account here. A SWIFT transfer from Germany takes one day. The transfer fee is relatively high but will still work out cheaper than withdrawing small amounts with your German cards. You'll get a Thai ATM card - problem solved.

- send an e-mail to your bank or call them (get a Thai-simcard- it´s not expensive to call to Germany, about 5-10 baht/min).

- Try different atm-machines from different banks

if Deutschen Bank does have a branch in Thailand, it may be possible to have an account here.

If you have an Account for "Postbank" and a "sparcard" you get your money in Thailand from this account about 12 times a year for free (!), no fees ! You just need a saving account (no "Giro"). Have a look at their internet-side - "postbank"

I think you can have as many saving accounts as you want !

hello,

thanks for your inputs. My card is issued in Italy not German. ATM doesnt work, credit card either, I called my bank they say it could be since bankamericard made these cards for DB and they do not work properly in Thailand. I can pay with VISA but cannot use it in ATM, when I insert the card it says the card is not recognized, ATM and credit card same. I will try to contact Deustche Bank in Bangkok if they can do anything.

Thanks. I live in Thailand since 2 years, I have phone number already thanks for advce i am not a novice.