Pawn Brokers

sailaway2000

It's finally come to it.....the downturn in the worlds economies have hit me hard and I have a need to raise cash fast for medical expenses following a motorcycle accident as well as other immediate needs.

So, what is the situation regarding Pawn Brokers and are there any in particular anyone would suggest. It is mostly jewelry and such I'd need to be 'pawning'.

Any thoughts?

Thanks

It's finally come to it.....the downturn in the worlds economies have hit me hard and I have a need to raise cash fast for medical expenses following a motorcycle accident as well as other immediate needs.

So, what is the situation regarding Pawn Brokers and are there any in particular anyone would suggest. It is mostly jewelry and such I'd need to be 'pawning'.

Any thoughts?

Thanks

Hi Sailaway.

Sorry to hear about your predicament. No one is immune from the occasional bout of hardship and that includes successful entrepreneurs and savvy investors. I'm sure you'll pull through okay as nothing lasts forever, be that good or bad!

It's my understanding that to Pawn something means you hope to buy it back as soon as your finances improve. Is that your plan? If it's not, then a pawn shop may not be the best way to raise funds because they will only give you a fraction of the true worth of whatever it is you're selling.

If you need to raise cash quicly and are not worried about getting the items back, then you will be better off to try and sell them at second hand value. Maybe try the classifieds here on TV or Baht & Sold?

If you have Thai gold then take it back to a goldsmith. You may even get more back than you paid for it if you've had it for a while.

Sorry, but I don't know of any Pawn shops here in CM, but if there are any they will most likely be in the Chinatown area of the city.

Good luck

Aitch

There are pawn shops around the city "and the best people to ask would be your joe average Thai because they are frequently in debt"

I agree with Drew Aitch in repect of selling rather than pawning and if it's Thai gold the gold shop is the place to go.

As to the locations I am not 100% sure as I have never "touch wood" been in the need of their services, but I believe that there is at least on on the north side of the old city on the outside of the moat between Chotana and the corner of the moat that takes a turn south.

I think that you need to acquire some advice from the joe average Thai as they are always pawning off stuff to get the next weeks food on the table.

Good luck and hope the ailment is not too serious.

aitch

re ... Sorry, but I don't know of any Pawn shops here in CM,

i know of two . the big one next to the fire station inside the moat is the easiest to get to / park

see map

dave2

ps ... ive never been in one either but i know a few girls who pawn their phones almost monthly : (