Lamai Or Chaweng?

Well?  

27 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Lamai off-course . Although in the last 2/3 years it has become more worse . I loved the place 4 years ago and i still do but if i see the difference between now and back then ... it has gone down big time . Probably not for people who love Chaweng or Phuket but for people who want a quiet place , never a hassle , everybody very very relax and still some good nightlife it has become more and more like Chaweng . 3/4 years ago you better stay in bed till after 12:00 ( who wants to get up earlier ????? ) because there was nobody , and i really mean nobody on the streets and even the shops where closed . Now it seams rushhour 24/7 . I hope it stops here , probably it won't ....

• 2 weeks later...

Lamai is a single men's place, even for them too many bars. I've seen and talked to many couples and women staying here, they stayed for a few days max and were desperately trying to find another place. You know the sort that only appreciate beer and girls and beer and beer and ... beer. As a woman or couple you will feel very bad at this place. It can be very different just a little north or south of Lamai but if you are in the centre that is what you will get.

Chaweng is more a "spanish costa" like place. It has many shops, restaurants and more. It has the girly bars but not so much "in your face" as it is in Lamai. Here you can bring you family and have a wonderful time.

That was the tourist view.

For living, neither, Lamai too many sex tourists and bargirls, Chaweng too busy and too pushy.

Any other place on Samui is great.

Same for me Jean,

I prefer other, more quieter places on Samui.

Chaweng is more convenient for me though, have more business to do there and it's nearer to where I live compared to Lamai.

Have been to Lamai some 14 years ago...what a dramatic and sad change!!!! Never ever I could give a vote for Lamai. Little Pattaya now. Chaweng: just a tourist ripp-off hotel-chain street-vendor crowded Phuket-copy. Agree with KhunJean: there a still some nice places left on Samui that won't kick you back to "horror"... but I prefer not to say WHERE those places are to be found.