Trouble Downloading Videos

samuibeachcomber

Can anyone advise me what might be wrong with my download or connection.It does n't matter from what website i download the video clip always stops and starts with the icon(dots in a circle) appearing on my screen and the playing of thr clip stopping and starting.

My ISP provider is TOT and my download spead is 3mb's.When i connect to the internet downloading websites like yahoo etc is very fast,its only video's i have trioble with.

Any advice would be much appreciated.

Can anyone advise me what might be wrong with my download or connection.It does n't matter from what website i download the video clip always stops and starts with the icon(dots in a circle) appearing on my screen and the playing of thr clip stopping and starting.

My ISP provider is TOT and my download spead is 3mb's.When i connect to the internet downloading websites like yahoo etc is very fast,its only video's i have trioble with.

Any advice would be much appreciated.

Likely reason is that most ISP's are limiting single streams.

Websites load fast, because they exist for example out of 10 pictures/banners/graphics, so that's 10 streams simultaneously at for example 30 kBps each (so total transfer speed is 300 kBps).

A single video stream will also come in at 30 kBps, which is not enough to give your steady video.

One solution is to use a free program called "bywifi" (just Google). This program will split up the video in sections, and start to download them simultaneously, so the total speed goes up. It goes automatically.

When watching a video, click on pause, wait 15 seconds and then click play, and chances are the rest will come through in one time...