like what it says in the heading. paypal's account page comes up with 'from us bank' underlined in red.

what if you don't have a us bank? is there some way to insert funds into your account from thailand?

A bit mysterious...can you explain your situation a bit more ? Did you originally open an eBay account/shop in the US, and are now living somewhere else ?

On a side note: the power eBay and their daughter PayPal have is mind boggling; if you want to change something it's best to send them a message; most of the time it's an online boy/girl answering you but crossing that border might be necessary.

LaoPo

If you started your Paypal account with a U.S. bank, you won't be able to add a Thai bank, and the reverse is also true. I have a Paypal account with a U.S. bank, but was unable to add my Thai bank account, which would have been very convenient for money transfers. Wiring money is ridiculously expensive unless you are sending a really large amount, so what I do is take $400 at a time out of my U.S. bank via ATM, then deposit it in the Thai account in cash. Until the 150 baht per transaction came along earlier this year, this cost next to nothing, and even now it's the simplest way I've figured out. Too bad about Paypal, but while you can base it on a Thai Bank account, once you do that, you can't link it to an account in another country.

It might be possible to add a Thai ATM card to your account. Not sure though as it is a US paypal account.

I have a Thai Paypal account, and it was fairly easy to add my Thai Visa Electron card (Bangkok Bank Be1st card).

The verification of the card went smooth as well, they charge a small amount and will add an "extended code".

Retrieved the code by calling Bangkok Bank's phone service (Bualuang) where after identification over the phone (card number followed by PIN code) they can retrieve every charge for you and can give you the extended use code paypal attached to the charge.

Entering the code on paypal gets your card verified, and from then on you don't really need to fund your account, as any payment, or sending money to someone will just result in your card being charged.

When I retired and moved to Thailand, a US credit card and my US bank account were linked to paypal. I tried to buy an item off ebay for delivery to my US address. I was notified via email that my paypal account was "limited". It really wasn't limited, it was totally frozen. My emails to them asking questions were answered with canned email messages. I don't think there are any people working for paypal, just a bunch of computers. As a result of this I will NEVER use paypal again.

Apologies, just to clarify. I opened the account in Thailand with a debit card from Bangkok Bank. There's nothing in it and I need to pay for some freelance services via Paypal.

Upon opening the relevant page in my account, there's a line in red saying something along the lines of 'to add funds from a US bank account' - nothing about how to add funds from outside the US.

Apologies, just to clarify. I opened the account in Thailand with a debit card from Bangkok Bank. There's nothing in it and I need to pay for some freelance services via Paypal.

Upon opening the relevant page in my account, there's a line in red saying something along the lines of 'to add funds from a US bank account' - nothing about how to add funds from outside the US.

If your debit card is verified AND there is funds in that bangkok bank account of yours, then you just click on pay and the funds will move from your bank account to paypal, then onto the destinee.

If no funds in your bank account, sorry no idea how to fund your account...