Happyair - New Phuket Based Airline

phuketrex

Will be useful for visa runs to Langkawi.

After looking at that website, I will never fly with them. If a company puts so little into their online brand image, well then it makes we wonder.

Don't be too hard on them. It is probably as safe as One-Two-Crash.

Interesting.

Other main-stream airlines have tried these routes before, found them not profitable, and removed the route after trying for a while. The bigger airlines also seem to get airport concessions with cheaper landing fee's provided turn-around is within the hour.

I can't see how a small company with 1 or 2 planes will be able to make such routes profitable. With the prices they are quoting then the planes will be nowhere near full and similarly if prices are competitive to fill the planes then profit margins will be tiny.

Visa-runners won't use then because of the high cost. Air Asia fly to Malaysia for around 2800 baht all in so a much cheaper option. You rarely see a free seat on Air Asia so their strategy is solid even during the economic downturn.

I can't see how this venture will work but lets wait and see. Good Luck to them once they start the routes.