True Visions/ubc Code

patfrth

I would like to know the four digits code for modifying the menus that are written in thai. Quite annoying. No idea?

You shouldn't need the code to change the menu language. Just bring up the menu and then use the button on the remote that would usually be used to change the soundtrack language.

I would like to know the four digits code for modifying the menus that are written in thai. Quite annoying. No idea?

try 1232 that was the one i used, given to my U.B.C installer

Different parts of the system use different codes. I believe it's 2321 for set up menus and 1232 for things like parental control.

try 1232 that was the one i used, given to my U.B.C installer

I tried 1232 and it works for looking at the satellite informations and when you have a new firmware update.

I tried 2321 and it works for setting up parental control.

But I cannot find where to change the menu from Thai to English.

Using the language switch works only for languages (as you may expect).

No one has a new solution?

You don't need the code.

Hit the menu button. Scroll down to the second choice. That is the language setting.

In the box to the right will be only one choice. Hit on it.

This will take you to a box with 4 or 5 choices. In the first box, there will be a box with two arrows surrounding it. Use your remote to hit the arrows until you see English. This is the menu language. Once you have this, you can easily change any other language options you want.

Thanks for your reply but it seems we don't have the same box. When I'm in the language menu screen, I have four choices: the two first ones are for the primary and secondary voices, the third one is for the display language (it never worked, even with my previous box) and the fourth one is for resetting. I guess they don't have the same menus on all their boxes. Mine is model ABS3Q76 as written on the back.

I'm always amazed that people put this kind of question here.

Why dont you just pick up your phone and call the service center ? The operators speak perfect English and have always been very helpful whenever I have called. The number is 0-2725 2525.

I guess you live in Bangkok and you assume that all foreigners live there too.

Maybe you could lend me some money for a long distance call? (just joking).

Have you ever tried to speak with a Thai who doesn't understand English, upcountry guy, and tried to explain him what you need?

It may be a good experience for you.

That's why I dared ask help from foreigners who are more inclined to understand my problem. And it seems I am not the only one in this case (see PattayaParent post).

Edited by patfrth

I'm always amazed that people put this kind of question here.

Why dont you just pick up your phone and call the service center ? The operators speak perfect English and have always been very helpful whenever I have called. The number is 0-2725 2525.

I guess you live in Bangkok and you assume that all foreigners live there too.

Maybe you could lend me some money for a long distance call? (just joking).

Have you ever tried to speak with a Thai who doesn't understand English, upcountry guy, and tried to explain him what you need?

It may be a good experience for you.

That's why I dared ask help from foreigners who are more inclined to understand my problem. And it seems I am not the only one in this case (see PattayaParent post).

what i did was when i went to pay my bill i asked if someone could come and fix my box as i had the same problem as you,came next day and that is what he did and showed me to do, so i can only suggest you do the same,,,, it will only change the writing in the english channels and not the thai ones. ps only trying to help