Grocery Store Delivery

gerry53

I am heading to Jomtien in October for 6 months does anyone know if stores like Big C or Tesco deliver large orders free of charge? I'd like to get some boxes of Chang and a case of Sang Som along with initial setting up the kitchen supplies. Any other reccomendations? Thanks.

I am heading to Jomtien in October for 6 months does anyone know if stores like Big C or Tesco deliver large orders free of charge? I'd like to get some boxes of Chang and a case of Sang Som along with initial setting up the kitchen supplies. Any other reccomendations? Thanks.

Yes Carrefour does. However you have to buy for 1000 bath and they deliver for free. Have used them a couple of times now and no problems. Food stuff that need refrigeration fast are not allowed.

Yes Carrefour does. However you have to buy for 1000 bath and they deliver for free. Have used them a couple of times now and no problems. Food stuff that need refrigeration fast are not allowed.

I've never used a delivery service before in Pattaya. Can you tell me a bit more;

I guess you inform the girl at the check-out right? But what about giving the address in English language, or a map of directions if the place is tricky to find?

never did it, but seen it done at carre 4 on central pattaya road all the time. Usually older folks but sometimes Regular Thais also. Some people just don't have cars, so it works out well. They bring the little minivan right up the drive in front of the store door. If in Jomtien, I assume the Carre 4 on the other side of Pattaya might be closer?

never did it, but seen it done at carre 4 on central pattaya road all the time. Usually older folks but sometimes Regular Thais also. Some people just don't have cars, so it works out well. They bring the little minivan right up the drive in front of the store door. If in Jomtien, I assume the Carre 4 on the other side of Pattaya might be closer?

Come on then, spill the beans as to the location of this other Carrefour???? :)

Thanks for your suggestions, I'll try the south end Big C first and go from there. Tesco Lotus is the closest though. I normally just carry a few bags on the motorcycle but it is easier and safer to get a large bulk order delivered then I can pick up small things as needed. I seem to be forever having to stop at 7-11s for a few beers, mix or incidentals for in the condo.