Where Is The Romantic Place In Australia?

Alex06

Black Mountain (Cooroy town area) Sunshine coast is supposed to be nice for lunch, and if I remember correctly it is a lush green arrea on a mountain ridge with distant views of ocean. Good for a short day trip if staying Noosa area. (note there are a couple of Black Mountains in Queensland)

There is only one place in Aussie worth visiting, and thats Western Australia, there is everything there, massive forests, fantastic beaches, best weather in the world, worlds top wineries, etc,etc,etc. I lived on Queensland for 10 years, couldnt wait to save the mnoney to move to W.A.

• 1 month later...
Black Mountain (Cooroy town area) Sunshine coast is supposed to be nice for lunch, and if I remember correctly it is a lush green arrea on a mountain ridge with distant views of ocean. Good for a short day trip if staying Noosa area. (note there are a couple of Black Mountains in Queensland)
Wow no one mentions beautiful bribie Island 40 minutes drive from brisbane, plenty of vine yards north west of brissie, maclagen , toowoomba ,oakey, to name a few wine areas, , for romantic evenings the Bunya Mountains national park chalets take some beating,then cut across country to connect up with the coastal highway at gladstone , or you can always try Southbank beach in brisbane :D

Bunya Mountains is a wonderful place, plenty of little log cabins that can be found online, not too far from Brisbane. The thais love it because as you drive into the tiny village there are Kangaroos everywhere and arnt really fussed by people. Theres a little general store, a restuarant and some wonderful bushwalking, it roughly about 2 hours from Brisbane but you will definately need a map, its possible to get lost. Beautiful scenic views on the way up there.

Absolute rubbish about your thai gf attracting unwanted attention, I travelled virtually right around Australia with my thai g/f, spent about 18 months doing it and most times when people would speak to her they just assumed she was Australian and would waffle away in english. Australia is very multi-cultural and theres thousands of thais living there too.

The Whitsundays (Islands) is absolutely beautiful part of Queensland, if you want romance, hire a nice yacht for a couple of nights and sail around there, thats definately a good one.

http://www.australia.com/itineraries/qld_w...09:06:en:au:308

Theres been some wonderful suggestions in this thread so far, but I feel the destinations on the west coast might be slightly too far for you to drive in a couple of days :):D

Take the tip one other poster pointed out, Australia is HUGE, its about 80% the size of the USA, its 16 times larger than Thailand, you simply cannot drive the place in a few weeks. Queensland is absolutely massive, to drive from Brisbane to Cairns is a big task and if you did it in two days you would see nothing but the roadway and it would certainly be a waste of time doing that.

hello to the op , haven't seen your post since the first one , i live (6 months) south of geelong not far from the coast and i have been around Australia a couple of times but i still think that the great ocean road and rain forest around Lorne , on the way to Apollo Bay are some of the cleanest and romantic in the world . The beaches would be the finest and places to stay are number one , but i would come somewhere between November and May otherwise it is bloody cold .

cheers

Forget Queensland as it is way too populated unless you go remote and then the romance thing isn't catered for. I would head to Perth and drive down south to the Margaret River area (3 hours). The whole area is designed for romance and the wineries are exceptional. Less flying time, less driving time and cheaper.

Heron Island - I've worked or stayed at most of the island resorts and its just gorgeous. Its a coral cay, so you are surrounded by reef with good water clarity for snorkelling and diving. And turtles laying eggs certain times of the year.

Whitsundays are good if you prefer boating to diving. Lizard Island has nicer reef, but its kind of hideously expensive.

Forget Queensland as it is way too populated unless you go remote and then the romance thing isn't catered for. I would head to Perth and drive down south to the Margaret River area (3 hours). The whole area is designed for romance and the wineries are exceptional. Less flying time, less driving time and cheaper.

I would have to agree with you that the Margaret River area is one very special place. Actually probably about one of the most beautiful places I ever saw in Australia was at the botom of Western Australia, east of Esperence, a national park called, 'Cape Le Grande'. Absolutely beautiful, wonderful everything, just thinking about that place makes me wonder what in hel_l I am doing in Thailand :)