Iphone

pop3

I am thinking about getting an iphone. as the new price quoted me was 27.000B I am now thinking of second hand. looking around in Tuk com I have seen some very good copys. even with what I think is a fake serial number on the back. The second hand price is about 15.000B

How can you tell if you have a genuine iphone or a very good copy ? :)

I am thinking about getting an iphone. as the new price quoted me was 27.000B I am now thinking of second hand. looking around in Tuk com I have seen some very good copys. even with what I think is a fake serial number on the back. The second hand price is about 15.000B

How can you tell if you have a genuine iphone or a very good copy ? :)

For the copies I have seen, you can see it by carefully inspecting the hardware. The apple on the back is off, for example.

Barring that, play around with the phone. If it's a pleasure to use it's the original. If it's total garbage, it's a copy. The fakes have a home screen that looks "almost" like the original, but once you get past that, all the apps are very, very different.

15K is for a 1G, I suppose? e.g. the one with the steel back?

The 15k was quoted for an 8gb phone. I think the back was plastic ?

I understand what your saying about beyond the main screen things are different but unless your familiar with a genuine iphone you wont know any better.

There must be another way by access to data to tell if its genuine or not ? can't seem to find it on the internet anywhere tho :)

just play with the real thing first at one of the shops that have it. however... even if you've never used an iphone, I bet you can tell the chinese copies apart - they're really, really crappy past the home screen.

Well it looks like thats about the best I can do. seems crazy to me that all we can do is take a guess that it's a copy by some gut feeling that it is :)

just play with the real thing first at one of the shops that have it. however... even if you've never used an iphone, I bet you can tell the chinese copies apart - they're really, really crappy past the home screen.

Well it looks like thats about the best I can do. seems crazy to me that all we can do is take a guess that it's a copy by some gut feeling that it is :)

no, the best you can do is buy a certified iPhone.

Well it looks like thats about the best I can do. seems crazy to me that all we can do is take a guess that it's a copy by some gut feeling that it is :D

What did you think? That there's a genuine label on it? A serial? Even if there were, they could, and would, be faked.

What the chinese copymakers cannot fake is the software, which is better than anything else out there.

For a more elaborate test: Put in your SIM card which already has EDGE enabled (100 baht package from AIS for 20 hours, do that beforehand). Get an iTunes account beforehand using the free iTunes software. It's free.

Then take the phone and put your SIM card in. Click on the "App Store" icon on the home screen. Install a free app (go to top 20 free apps). Type in your iTunes password. If it's downloading and installing a new app for you from the App store, you can be pretty sure it's genuine :)

So yeah.. if you want to make absolutely sure... there is a way. If the copy is good enough to copy the entire Apple app store, please let me know, I'll want one too :D :D