Triple B 10mb Adsl / Pattaya / Soi Bouakao

homeless007

Thanks for any feedback by experts:

1. Is Triple B now replacing Maxnet (TTT)? What happens with my existing 5mb/2mb accounts?

2. When calling them, they mentioned this 10MB would not go by phone line, but separate line/cable?

3. When will it be available in Soi Bouakao?

4. No more Premiere & Indy?

Anybody with more facts!? Thank you very much!

H. :)

There are now 2 companies as far as I know, TT&T. Triple T with 3BB being part of the later, Jasmine own Triple T and all new service come under Triple T now, the 3BB offering is a not going to replace any existing Indy, Premier or Business services from what we know from Jasmine.

The 3BB service has also been designed with their HDTV offering in mind.

They will also soon offer a 24mb service for 1890 baht, this will be released to combat the services currently offered by True.

post-4090-1252774803_thumb.jpg

The current statement for my MaxNet Indy account has a dual header, with both "Triple T Internet Company Limited" and "TT&T Subscriber Services Company Limited." Where, exactly, does Jasmine fit into this picture?

I have just emailed the marketing manager at Jasmine about the 3BB service, Jasmine PCL are the owners of Triple T and 3BB.

From the Jasmine website

"Jasmine International Public Co.,Ltd., is a leading telecommunications company of Thailand offering all services of telecommunications locally and internationally i.e. terrestrial, airy and submarine aiming to best serve and satisfy to our clients.

The Company has own telecom networks ,various products and services covering full range of communications i.e. broadband Internet , satellite-base communication , local and international telephone, digital content and e-commerce, etc."

Dropped into their Theprasit office today and the small booth at Big C, I was able to establish it is Cable internet not ADSL, the capacity of the network is already full in some areas from what they told me. If you do go to see them, make sure you have someone who can speak Thai with you though :)

So if there are now two companies does this mean that the old Indy and Premier services are still available from TT&T? When I went to the TT&T office in Carrefour, they directed me to a desk outside set up up for 3BB, which suggests that TT&T no longer provide internet service to new customers. Interestingly though, when I mentioned that the Premier service wasn't on their literature they produced a photocopied price list from a drawer with all the the old Indy & Premier packages listed on it

Now I'm really confused. :)

Edited by gmac

So if there are now two companies does this mean that the old Indy and Premier services are still available from TT&T? When I went to the TT&T office in Carrefour, they directed me to a desk outside set up up for 3BB, which suggests that TT&T no longer provide internet service to new customers. Interestingly though, when I mentioned that the Premier service wasn't on their literature they produced a photocopied price list from a drawer with all the the old Indy & Premier packages listed on it

Chaos, as usual in Thailand! Even smart Thai Speakers can not get the full information! What a joke!

H.

Chaos, as usual in Thailand! Even smart Thai Speakers can not get the full information! What a joke!

H.

From what I understand - It would appear they dont want to talk about TT&T directors were angry at Jasmine for siphoning the funds that were ear marked for network upgrades and were planing a buyout to break free from Jasmine, the parent Co then started a new Co Triple T and moved all new services to there, effectively getting rid of the possible buyout.

I've been on the 10mb for about 2 months now, it's up and down, you do get 1mbyte per second from high bandwidth sites, but you still rely on the tt&t network - and the same international connections.

so you're still prone to the same quality drops, 2-3 days of very slow to no service and other general problems that the overall network has.

they also seem to have on and off problems with their content filter, from time to time every other site you visit will get blocked, and other times you'll get just re-directed to the thai internet goverment site.

previously i was on the 5mb package from tt&t, overall the connection quality isn't much different.

so unless you want high speed - from time to time, there's no great advantage.

FYI - TOT is launching a new 8-12mbyte adsl2+ service at the end of september, TOT have a MUCH better network and global backbone connection that tt&t - mostly because they charge more therefore they can spend more on the network.

IMO i'd wait and jump on them, i'm something like 2km outside of the TOT availability area, so i'm stuck with 10mb tt&t until i move house or TOT come closer.

regarding the OP's question, when we were speaking to them, everything was like 'it's cable'

which lead us to believe it was like other countries, where there's cable networks and phone dsl networks... so we figured it'll piggy back off the sophon cable networks or ubc or whatever...

but that's wrong, they just dont have the temanology right.

it's a new phone line that gets laid / or they'll use the existing if there's one there that's not being used that they can use.

you dont need a phone account or a phone connection, it's straight up adsl2, which is a phone line.

think we paid 300b to run a new line into where i wanted it in the house.

sorry should have really just made one reply, but this will be my last for the time being...

regarding speed, torrents arent throttled, some come down at 200kps which is ok for the average torrent.

i grab files off easynews.com - they have a great set of servers and massive bandwidth, i max the 10mbit connection out - full 1060kps... get 700mb in a bit under 10 minutes or so.

that's using a file download manager (freedownloadmanager)

things like high bandwidth websites aren't as good- such as youtube is slow most of the time, and streaming video from ustream, justintv and what not is not even worth trying.

any website that's large media is slowish. (browsers run 1-2 concurrent connections, whereas something like freedownload manager will split a file into 12 concurrent connections, allowing you to achieve maximum download speeds).

FYI - TOT is launching a new 8-12mbyte adsl2+ service at the end of september, TOT have a MUCH better network and global backbone connection that tt&t - mostly because they charge more therefore they can spend more on the network.

So why was TOT so crappy slow on international connections then? It just doesnt matter if the local line is rated 12mbit or even if all 12 mbit acutally translates all the way to Bangkok when getting any US or EU site give you less then 100 kbit/s. The later would be rare, from my last experience with TOT it was more like under 10 kbit/s most of the time and lasted 14 days before I managed to get at TTT line in the same condo.

the issue would be with your local route / lines.

TOT has a larger NOC&DC with more international capacity than tt&t, on top of that their connections are with better providers like singtel, so routes that go direct over the ocean or via australia rather than across china, russia, europe to america (tt&t bandwidth).

TOT has a larger NOC&DC with more international capacity than tt&t, on top of that their connections are with better providers like singtel, so routes that go direct over the ocean or via australia rather than across china, russia, europe to america (tt&t bandwidth).

Where have you got that information from?

the issue would be with your local route / lines.

I would love to know how my local line can give full bandwidth to bangkok, and analog modem speed to any US/EU webserver. TTT also gave full bandwidth to bangkok, but had the decency to actually give 1/3rd the bandwidth when trying to read european news...

All I know is that my personal experience is that TOT is the last resort, and TTT where a lifesaver last year. Around that time CAT where the thing "everyone" claimed where best, but they could not deliver a line to my condo.

So is TOT actually changed to be "the best", how is this new offer (its TTT right?) shaping up in "our" customer group and what is currently considered the thing to get for an expat with a need for western internet sites?

The ten and 20 meg service that is offered cannot be compared with TT&T, and TOT ADSL over the phone lines as the new service is by Fiber optic cable.

Barry

Which company is offering this 10 and 20 meg Fibre Optic service? Is it the 3BB deal?

The ten and 20 meg service that is offered cannot be compared with TT&T, and TOT ADSL over the phone lines as the new service is by Fiber optic cable.

Barry

Which company is offering this 10 and 20 meg Fibre Optic service? Is it the 3BB deal?

No, 3BB service is only delivered over 2 phone wires

Barry

No, 3BB service is only delivered over 2 phone wires

Amazing, that still nobody really seems to be able to present any hard facts. When asking the BBB staff at their ridiculous sales stands in the various locations, they have no clue. They can also not inform if the usual Maxnet packages will be offered or kept active. They don't know when and where 10MB are available. You come back 1 week... Another show of the inability of our hosts to run a proper show.

I am always astonished how things at the end seem to function quite well, despite this level of ignorance and chaos. :)

Dropped into their Theprasit office today and the small booth at Big C, I was able to establish it is Cable internet not ADSL, the capacity of the network is already full in some areas from what they told me. If you do go to see them, make sure you have someone who can speak Thai with you though :)

Too true! I struggled to the head of the queue at that shambles they have jury rigged at Carrefour to advise them I wanted to disconnect the current service and have a final bill as I no longer lived there. After waiting for ages while the girls took turns at pounding on the only PC terminal that seemed to be working, one girl told me the technician would be calling me. <deleted>? The use of 'disconnect' and 'end my service' had been misunderstood as a technical complaint. They had crap service when I was paying for it and now I am getting crapier service trying to get rid of it!

Edited by NanLaew

Barry

Of course it can be compared! For example last year I would happily compare the 2Mbit (or something cant remember) TOT connection to what I experienced 10 years earlier with a 14400 modem. Tech as diffrent as adsl and fiber, but its not tech we're comparing, its the QUALITY OF SERVICE.

A 20 meg service is completly worthless if it deliver 10 kbit to/from thailand. So if TOTs QOS have improved the last year I would love to hear it, because its far easier to get a TOT line then to get a line from any other provider - or at least it used to be. So when vacation starts I would very much like to have the field inteligence done and decide the ISP before I even start looking for a place to stay :)

- "Wife, I want that one, fetch!"