Green Hill Place Apartments

pmf113b

Hello All,

We are visiting Chiang Mai in Nov for 4 months and looking to stay at:-

45/38, Moo. 5, Superhighway Road, T.Changpuek, A.Muang

50300 Chiang Mai

They look quite nice on the internet but pictures can be deceiving.

I was just wondering if anybody as stayed in them before or knows of anybody who as.

All thoughts would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance,Paula

Hello All,

We are visiting Chiang Mai in Nov for 4 months and looking to stay at:-

45/38, Moo. 5, Superhighway Road, T.Changpuek, A.Muang

50300 Chiang Mai

They look quite nice on the internet but pictures can be deceiving.

I was just wondering if anybody as stayed in them before or knows of anybody who as.

All thoughts would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance,Paula

whoops I was thinking of a different project. Include the link to the site if you have it.

Edited by CobraSnakeNecktie

I imagine it would be a bit dismal location due to the construction. Eventually when things are settled and more businesses are located there then I think it will be a nice area to live. Currently it is walking distance to 2 or 3 restaurants but that's about it.

By dismal, do you mean "quiet?" Why do you want to live in an area where "businesses are located?"

I like Green Hill and would move there myself if I didn't already own my own place. It is a beautiful property in a fairly tranquil setting. Not dismal.

Edited by Rice_King

Thanks very much so far for info and comments. Please keep them coming!!

I have lived at Green Hill Place for over two years.

It is quiet and comfortable with pleasant staff.

I am sure that you would enjoy staying here and of course you would have wonderful neighbours!

I am sure that you would enjoy staying here and of course you would have wonderful neighbours!

Hi Swagman,

Thanks for that.

They state that they are serviced.Are they cleaned on a regular basis or do you have to get your own cleaner in?

Could you tell me do they have laundry facilities?

Any restaurants or bars within walking distance?

Thanks Paula

Hi Swagman,

Thanks for that.

They state that they are serviced.Are they cleaned on a regular basis or do you have to get your own cleaner in?

Could you tell me do they have laundry facilities?

Thanks Paula

I do not know what servicing includes. You would need to contact them with your specific questions.

I rent my apartment and provide my own linen, towels, etc and do my own cleaning. I also have a washing machine for my laundry requirements.

An in house cleaning service is available for a fee which I use occasionally.

I think a pickup and delivery service is available for laundry but it would probably be cheaper to drop off your laundry at a local shop.

There are plenty of bars and restaurants in walking distance or a short tuk tuk ride. In fact Nimmanhaemin Road and its Sois probably have the greatest range of restaurants in Chiang Mai. It is a major entertainment area.

The rooms facing West and Doi Suthep have double beds and the rooms facing East towards the City have 2 single beds There is a little construction noise on the western side. Personally, I think the rooms facing east getting the morning sun would be best for the winter, but as they say in Thailand "up to you".

Depends how athletic you are! If you don't have a car or motorbike this place may not be such a good choice. The location itself looks nice, on the superhighway, but set away from the road probably sufficiently to limit traffice noise, but going anywhere you'd be faced with walking along the superhighway every time, or taking your life in your hands trying to cross it! Probably have to walk to Huay Kaew Road for a Songteaw or Tuk Tuk.

There are a couple of very local Thai restaurants nearby (200-300 Metres) and a brand new 7/11 right on the superhighway. Otherwise you'd have to walk upto 1km or more to something on Nimanhemin. Closest Farang restaurant is probably the Pub on Huay Kaew.