Ms Office 2007 Of The Market

Richard-BKK

I hear that Microsoft lost the legal right to use the way MS Office 2007 is using it's file format, and a USA court set Microsoft the time to change the way MS Office 2007 uses its files until the end of the month (September). Or accept recall of all products which are a violation of the copyright/intellectual law.

Only in the USA and NAFTA trade region this can mean the biggest financial down, it involves all previous MS Office compatible kits/fixes. It involves several Microsoft security fixes, which are illegally distributed worldwide....

With the news of Microsoft needed to redraw from the XML format standard, IBM introduced Symphony 1.3 which can an handle any MS Office 2007 documents without breaking any copyright violations, and it is free for download for individuals as it is for corporations... It also fixes the long awaited, upcoming, spreadsheet lawsuit between Lotus 1.2.3 and Microsoft Excel. (Lotus, the inventor of easy to use spreadsheet programs, was bought by IBM, Microsoft always supported they right of the spreadsheet concept as Lotus was not the first, but recently IBM also required all the rights of the actual first computer spreadsheet program, making Lotus/IBM not only the first but also the first who brought spreadsheets to the desktop.)

IBM has for the occasion introduced IBM/Lotus Symphony 1.3 for Microsoft Windows (all favors), Mac OS (all flavors), and all major Linux distributions (in 32 or 64-bits) for FREE... LEGAL.. NO QUESTION ASKED... Okay you need to sign up to receive updates....

(It is just another Microsoft attempt to use Open-source technology and call it itś own....)

Edited by Richard-BKK

Microsoft Wins Delay of Word-Sales Order in I4i Case

Sept. 4 (Bloomberg) -- Microsoft Corp., the world’s biggest software maker, won’t have to immediately alter its Word program or halt sales because of a patent-infringement case it lost.

“We are happy with the result and look forward to presenting our arguments on the main issues on Sept. 23,” Kevin Kutz, a Microsoft spokesman, said in a statement.

http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=206...id=aDmapGuOCtLk

(It is just another Microsoft attempt to use Open-source technology and call it itś own....)

What exactly are you referring to that is open source?

Edited by surface

What exactly are you referring to that is open source?

I believe he is misunderstanding what the law suit is about, it's not about violating XML standards, which is open source but, a patent of customizing XML developed by I4i.

... (Lotus, the inventor of easy to use spreadsheet programs, was bought by IBM, Microsoft always supported they right of the spreadsheet concept as Lotus was not the first, but recently IBM also required all the rights of the actual first computer spreadsheet program, making Lotus/IBM not only the first but also the first who brought spreadsheets to the desktop.) ...

Er ... are you sure? VisiCalc pre-dates 1-2-3 by some time, was on the desktop and was easy-to-use. In fact, 1-2-3 was pretty clunky (which was one of the main reasons it fell from favour so quickly when competition came along, despite some dubious marketing practices on the part of Lotus). Also, just which ''actual first computer spreadsheet program'' has IBM acquired the rights to? There were several in the '70s (although to be fair, it was so long ago I don't think I could name a single one).

... (Lotus, the inventor of easy to use spreadsheet programs, was bought by IBM, Microsoft always supported they right of the spreadsheet concept as Lotus was not the first, but recently IBM also required all the rights of the actual first computer spreadsheet program, making Lotus/IBM not only the first but also the first who brought spreadsheets to the desktop.) ...

Er ... are you sure? VisiCalc pre-dates 1-2-3 by some time, was on the desktop and was easy-to-use. In fact, 1-2-3 was pretty clunky (which was one of the main reasons it fell from favour so quickly when competition came along, despite some dubious marketing practices on the part of Lotus). Also, just which ''actual first computer spreadsheet program'' has IBM acquired the rights to? There were several in the '70s (although to be fair, it was so long ago I don't think I could name a single one).

Spoke to my father this PM and he reminded me there were at least a couple of spreadsheets in the late '60s (on computers with some sort of graphical display/quick print out), although we both agreed they weren't on many desktops and weren't really that easy to use ... but were probably more ergonomic than 1-2-3!

He actually reckoned there was an NCR project in the very early '60s that pre-dated all of them. But he always disliked big blue ...

[Reason for edit: Beause I can ... and to add a ''d'' to the word ''dislike'', which I misspelled]

[Reason for second edit: I'm pissed and I misspelled ''misspelled''. Or did I? It still looks wrong to me. Or was it ''dilske''? Oh dear ... something's gone wrong again. And again. And again. Something's gone wrong again.

Oh dear, I'm talking in 1970's song lyrics. Only decent band ever to come out of Manchester you know. All the rest were rubbish.

[Reason for third edit: Considering everything, and spelling mistakes aside, Buzzcocks really are the best band from Manchester. Ever. Really.]

[Reason for nth edit: Obvious boredom. OK, let's just agree that all that New Order <deleted> and Happy Mondays arse was ... okayish ... but no way does it compare with the 'Cocks.]

[Reason for nth+1 edit ... I (obviously) should have said ''boredom'' boredom ... b'dum, b'dum]

Edited by MarkBKK