From Where Can I Send A Moneygram Near Nana Plaza

watcharacters

I spent the day chasing around looking for a phone store to tend to my phone and then tried to find a bank for sending a moneygram.

The Siam Commercial Bank somewhere told me i needed both a passport and a work permit to send a moneygram outside Thailand but then said we should go to an other branch that ended up saying they no longer do Moneygrams at their branch. We never found the third branch.

I'm hoping there's a Moneygram agent near to the Nana Plaza area.

Does anyone know of one, please.

Wouldn't Western Union work for you? Just ask one of the friendly ladies of Nana to point you in the right direction.

TheWalkingMan

thanks for the reply.......... I'll be happy to use WU instead of Moneygram if you're willing to pay the cost difference. LOL

I was hoping to get an answer about using a moneygram agent near Nana Plaza since I'm totally unfamiliar with Bangkok and my hotel is the not far from Nana Plaza.

I also hope a member can enlighten me about the work permit requirement that the first banker said was required to send a moneygram FROM Thailand.

I'm trying to keep a promise.

Wouldn't Western Union work for you? Just ask one of the friendly ladies of Nana to point you in the right direction.

TheWalkingMan

thanks for the reply.......... I'll be happy to use WU instead of Moneygram if you're willing to pay the cost difference. LOL

I was hoping to get an answer about using a moneygram agent near Nana Plaza since I'm totally unfamiliar with Bangkok and my hotel is the not far from Nana Plaza.

I also hope a member can enlighten me about the work permit requirement that the first banker said was required to send a moneygram FROM Thailand.

I'm trying to keep a promise.

Hi,

I also use Moneygram a lot as their exchange rates and sedning fees are much better than the rip off WU.

There are 572 branches where you can send money from (according to the moneygram site - http://www.moneygram.com) and these banks cover both receiving and sending to/from anywhere in the world : CIMB Thai, Siam Commercial Bank and TMB Bank. Whoever tells you that you need a work permit in order to send is simply giving an excuse because they either dont want the "trouble" of sending the funds or they simply dont know how to do it and in the typical Thai tradition they will simply make an excuse as to why they cant do their job (which is what it really comes down to. All you need is a ID card or passport plus the funds and the fee in order to send the money.

There is a SIAM COMMERCIAL BANK in Silom - 1487/2 1489 CHAROEN KRUNG RD SILOM BANG RAK

BANGKOK 10500 Telephone 02-233-2089 which is not too far from you, just jump on a skytrain. Also, there is one in Siam Paragon - Ground Floor SIAMPARAGON 911 RAMA I PHATHUMWAN BANGKOK 10330 Telephone 02-610-9344 Or

MBK - 2/F MBK CENTER 444 PHAYATHAI RD PATHUMWAN BANGKOK 10330 Telephone 02-611-4844. If none of these are any good and you feel you simply must find one in Nana then maybe take a look at the moneygram website i just gave above and look there.

Hope that helps a bit,

Falcon

Hi,

I also use Moneygram a lot as their exchange rates and sedning fees are much better than the rip off WU.

There are 572 branches where you can send money from (according to the moneygram site - http://www.moneygram.com) and these banks cover both receiving and sending to/from anywhere in the world : CIMB Thai, Siam Commercial Bank and TMB Bank. Whoever tells you that you need a work permit in order to send is simply giving an excuse because they either dont want the "trouble" of sending the funds or they simply dont know how to do it and in the typical Thai tradition they will simply make an excuse as to why they cant do their job (which is what it really comes down to. All you need is a ID card or passport plus the funds and the fee in order to send the money.

There is a SIAM COMMERCIAL BANK in Silom - 1487/2 1489 CHAROEN KRUNG RD SILOM BANG RAK

BANGKOK 10500 Telephone 02-233-2089 which is not too far from you, just jump on a skytrain. Also, there is one in Siam Paragon - Ground Floor SIAMPARAGON 911 RAMA I PHATHUMWAN BANGKOK 10330 Telephone 02-610-9344 Or

MBK - 2/F MBK CENTER 444 PHAYATHAI RD PATHUMWAN BANGKOK 10330 Telephone 02-611-4844. If none of these are any good and you feel you simply must find one in Nana then maybe take a look at the moneygram website i just gave above and look there.

Hope that helps a bit,

thank you Falcon.

i did look at much on the moneygram site and saw it says different countries require different forms of ID. Your reply gives me the ammunition I needed.

I'm confident I'll accomplish my mission in the morning.

Falcon