Question About Adsense Payments In Thailand

dachilla

Hi, I own several websites and would like to put Googles Adsense on my Pages.

Unfortunately Google pays out by cheque (Western Union is not available yet as far as I know).

I have a bank account with SCB and once wanted to cash out 2 cheques from other companies / private persons. Cheques where in Euros and USD. I went to the SCB bank and wanted to cash the checks. I paied a fee of 300 THB each and the girl told me it might take up to 45 days until the cheques r cleared and the amount is on my account. Now, 3 month later neither of both cheques has been paied to my bank account.

According to this experience I am a bit careful about receiving cheques here. As far as I know the cheques from google are issued by citibank, maybe it would make sence to cash them at the citibank.

Is anybody here havin experience with that and how do you get the cash?

Would be happy about any help!

Greetz

D.C.

I find myself in a similar position well I actually have four web sites and run Adsense already.

At the moment I have a few hundred Dollars sitting in my Google Adsense account but am reluctant to accept a cheque because of the delay and charges. I have a UK bank account but because Google knows I live in Thailand I can't get a Sterling cheque it has to be in Baht!

Communication with the big G also seems impossible.

Sadly I can't offer any advice, like you I hope someone out there knows a way round this issue and shares it here.

Still very common way to pay in most developing countries. US included :)

I used to get paid by bank of america or was it citibank check few years back but there was no branch of the whole state of NY. Had to cross the state line to get them cashed...

Some banks like Kasikornbank branches negotiate the cheque, which means they buy it from you, look up online at citybank, you pay 200.00 - 400.00 Baht and walk out with the money credited to your account. Most try to keep your money for 30 days though, depends with whom you talk. SCB is a bit unfriendly in that matter. Sure they have an online connection to check if the cheques were really issued, but they just excuse themselves with banking policies.

This fast online checking option was introduced from the Bush administration after many complained about the withholdings of their money. Still many banks don't use it. Quite behind the mountains and greed is the cause to play games with one's money..

In Japan you can cash it in at any post office.

Citibank Thailand is a no no option. You still wait at least 14 days for clearance due to independently working from CB USA. The fees are exorbitant. The same with Bangkok Bank.

Edited by elcent

Some banks like Kasikornbank branches negotiate the cheque, which means they buy it from you, look up online at citybank, you pay 200.00 - 400.00 Baht and walk out with the money credited to your account.

did you just say that Kasikorn (the green bank?) will credit USD checks same day to your account?

if you just said that please confirm. and tomorrow they will have a new customer.

--

on another note, groogle will send check in THB - though I think you or your "wife" needs a Thai adsense account.

Re: Google Adsense Payments

I get paid by checks issued by the City Bank In Thai Baht. I deposit the checks in my BBL account, which is free of any charges. The deposited money are available for withdrawal the next working day. Easy and simple, no problems at all. I'm using this for several years already.

• 1 month later...

I get a bankwire transfer. Is that not possible in Thailand???

Edit:

I see Thailand is not in the list of available countries. That is really bad. They won't transfer it to a bank account in Europe if they know you live in Thailand?

Edited by Timmy