Nokia 7610

konangrit

When I bought my Nokia 7610 there was a piece of software called Easy Thai that was included on the memory card, it allowed Thai text input and display. I upgraded to a bigger memory card, and would like to be able to read and write Thai sms, however, the original software on my old card now seems to be corrupted, and no longer displays Thai text, only squares.

Does anyone know where I can download this software or similar? I can't seem to find it on the net, or if anyone has this software and wouldn't mind e-mailing me it, I'd appreciate it, the OS is Symbian 60, thanks,

Konangrit

This is very strange, I just put my new card back in, and my phone is now supporting Thai language again, even though there is no sign of the easy Thai software on my phone. I've been using the new memory card for about 2 months without being able to display Thai.

Confused, but I've sorted the problem without really understanding how. :o

The language support is in the phone, not on the memory card so that's why it works with your new memory card. Not sure why the Thai language disappeared for a couple of months but phones these days are like PCs - whenever there is a problem, turn them off, remove the battery (and memory card) and then reboot them. 9 times out of 10, that 'fixes' the problem! :o

The language support is in the phone, not on the memory card so that's why it works with your new memory card. Not sure why the Thai language disappeared for a couple of months but phones these days are like PCs - whenever there is a problem, turn them off, remove the battery (and memory card) and then reboot them. 9 times out of 10, that 'fixes' the problem!  :D

Sort of correct, I think I've worked it out now.

The software was on my old memory card, and not my phone memory, I know this, as I searched the measly 10MB before hand with a piece of software called FExplorer (I highly recommend it, allows you to look through every file on your phone or memory card, makes installing cracks simple). When I found the software was corrupted on my old card, I used FExplorer to find the app install file, and tried re-installing it, however, it still wouldn't work after. I guess it installed on my phone memory, however, the corrupted version was still on my memory card, and this was the one which wouldn't work. Simply putting the other memory card back in removed the corrupted app, leaving just the newly installed uncorrupted app.

That's my best guess, anyway. :o

Unfortunately, I now have another problem, although this time not software related, so may be posting another request, if I can't find the info I need in this forum or on the rest of the net.

usually Thai (and other language) support is part of the phone firmware and independant of the installed SW..

Looking at sites with multiple firmwares for reflashing phone BIOS's seems to carry that thought through

The phone isn't originally Thai, so no Thai language support as standard. There were several pieces of 3rd party software included, one of which was EasyThai, which I had to install myself, I don't even have Thai keys, although fortunately the software does allow a keyboard to be put up on screen.