Buying Land Si Khiu

tmd5855

Hope some BM's can help me, searched and cannot find anything of use?

Lived here in Thailand for 6+years, work offshore on a 4 weeks on/off basis.

Been in a steady, relationship for the past 3 years??

Stay up at the girlfriend, parents house every leave and never had a problem.

Want to take the relationship further, purchase (Her name, but with protection) some land in her parents village, of 10 houses.

Village is between Si Kui and Dun Khun Thot on road 201. Nearest named place is Kut Noi?

Village is surrounded by farm land, it is 250 metres down a dirt track from the main 201 road. Water is provided from a well and pumped to each house. Sewage is normal into ground. Full mains electric on hand.

After all the ramblings now reached my question???

What price per rai could/should be expected. Figures from low to high welcomed. There are no Europeans in the area, nearest is at Dun Khun Thot, he bought land, just off the road and that was 300,000 for a rai????? Not too sure how to take that one.

Have ballpark figures for building a house. Just an early thanks to any/all that can advise me.

Edited by tmd5855

I am no expert,but it seems to me,that you have got one zero too many in the pricetag.At least....

Absolutely. Land in Chaiyaphum (a little further down the road granted) is about 10,000 per rai. A good way to value arable or formerly arable land is to find out the value of rice you could grow on it. If it is land for housing it may be a tad more expensive, but nothing like 300,000THB per rai.

Edited by KevinBloodyWilson

If you buy the land what 'Protection' are you expecting to have....pre nups dont have any power, set up a company(dont think so) lease the land, yes is legal but if you were ever to part....would you really want to live in a house in a village of 10 other houses surrounded by your ex??? probably not, any chance odf selling it, probably not...only to your x's family or friends at a knock down price....just curious, is there any other protection foreigners can have???

If you buy the land what 'Protection' are you expecting to have....pre nups dont have any power, set up a company(dont think so) lease the land, yes is legal but if you were ever to part....would you really want to live in a house in a village of 10 other houses surrounded by your ex??? probably not, any chance odf selling it, probably not...only to your x's family or friends at a knock down price....just curious, is there any other protection foreigners can have???

In Nong Bua they want 100,000 per rai for farm land on a main highway no chanote though.

I plan to buy in mother in laws name. Some people can just be trusted.

...just curious, is there any other protection foreigners can have???

I believe a good arrangement would be

1. Usufruct for life on the land, with the right to assign it to another person.

2. House in your own name.

However, the OP did not ask for advice on this and when I read his “Her name, but with protection” I figured he knew what he was doing and no words needed to be lost on this subject, so my answer above is to the question raised by ESB7.

--

Maestro