Uk Visitor Visa Query

My TGF has a UK Visitor Visa which is valid until the 25th December 2009.

She came over for two weeks but CANNOT come back until AFTER Christmas.

I would like her to come back over for New Year and into the start of next year.

Can she apply for a NEW Visa now? So the 6 month validity period would run over new year or do I need to wait until AFTER the current one has expired?

brian272727

mate i dont think she can apply now,and even after the visa expires she has to wait the six months before the next V V is applied for,anything before that and it is doomed to fail.I might be wrong if so someone correct me please.six months in six months out as i understand it.

brian272727

mate i dont think she can apply now,and even after the visa expires she has to wait the six months before the next V V is applied for,anything before that and it is doomed to fail.I might be wrong if so someone correct me please.six months in six months out as i understand it.

She is entitled to be in the UK for up to six months in any one 12 month period. According to the OP she has a visa valid for six months but has only spent two weeks in the UK. Her current visa expires prior to her intended return visit to the UK. Therefore she is eligible.

As two professionals have advised, yes she can apply before her current visa expires.

I would also advise that you include a letter to say why she is applying while she still has a valid visa, that she is aware of the "no more than 6 months out of 12" convention and emphasising her travel dates, both to and out of the UK, to show that she does not intend breaking this convention.