The Best Xmas Present Is Out Now!

sleepyjohn

I heartily endorse this project in which a friend is involved just as I did last year.

It has been a marvellous and meaningful success. It's an easy, nice, very bright Christmas present too!

As I said last year, every time someone at home looks at the calendar, you'll be in their mind :)

John Wickenden

Life in Chiang Mai: by Mark Whitman

The super 2010 Chiang Mai Charity Calendar is out

http://www.chiangmai-mail.com/current/columns.shtml

You might not thank me for reminding you, but this is the time of year when those of us who send missives ‘home’ for Christmas and the start of a new year have to think about it now or pay air mail prices. And there is simply no better greetings ‘card’ that you can send than the latest Chiang Mai Charity Calendar, now on sale at Rimping Supermarkets and elsewhere.

Not only is it beautiful, well designed and practical, it also goes to help needy children in rural areas. Over 1 million baht has been raised in the past couple of years by this annual publication. All of the work is done by volunteers and every 100 baht sale (yes, it is that inexpensive!) goes completely to the charity. It covers 14 months (December this year to January 2011) and has lots of text and information, plus charming paintings by local youngsters and photographs on each of its clearly printed calendar pages. It comes with a sturdy envelope for posting and stands well on any desk.

I sent one to an English friend now living on North Island in New Zealand and by chance he had also sent me a calendar depicting the rugged landscapes of that country. A short while after he received mine he wrote a thank you note and also apologized for the ‘inadequacy’ of the one he had sent. ‘The calendar from Chiang Mai is not just beautiful, but has a sense of spirituality and goodness about it that makes it a pleasure to look at’. I could not have said it better myself.

You can find out more either by e- mailing chiangmai //e-mail removed// or going to their web site on http://chiangmaicalendar2010.googlepages.com or simply go to one of the Rimping outlets with as many 100 baht notes as you can afford. Remember.-. every little helps!

Thanks Sleepyjohn.

Right in time! It 's the perfect present to bring with me to Holland and to give to my family and friends. :)

The paintings are always bright and cheerful don't you think Nienke?

40-custom;size:675,600;effect:autolevels,7.png

Is there a Rimping Supermarket branch in Bangkok? Can these be purchased anywhere in Bangkok? Must be able to do it without getting the calendars sent by mail at 550 Baht for five. If you want more than five easier and quicker to get them yourself if you can.

Edited by Korat88