Bluetooth

Each time I turn on my Toshiba Tecra Lap top I receive the following error message:

Quote "Could not open the Bluetooth ACPI device driver (tosrfec.sys)

Abort Retry Ignore" End Quote

The machine is less than a year old and the error message started to appear a couple of months ago only after a technician at work (who is no longer here) fiddled with the machine attempting to set up a wireless connection with a mobile phone.

Can anyone tell me how to turn off this error message.

Thanks in advance

Each time I turn on my Toshiba Tecra Lap top I receive the following error message:

Quote "Could not open the Bluetooth ACPI device driver (tosrfec.sys)

Abort  Retry  Ignore" End Quote

Can anyone tell me how to turn off this error message.

Thanks in advance

Not sure but what I would try is to go to Control panel and then system and then hardware and remove the Bluetooth device. Then do a restart of the computer and let the system do it's own installation of the bluetooth.

Worth a try and Good Luck

presumig that your bluetooth is built in to your laptop , go to the toshiba website and get the latest set of drivers then re-install the bluetooth device.

if it is a usb dongle , you might want to do some googling on the model and see waht you can come up with . Newer drivers have been released for the widcomm chip in late january.

as for getting a connect setup through you mobile phone it is reasonably simple , one you have your bluetooth device working properly , let us know and we can walk you through it.

Newer drivers have been released for the widcomm chip in late january.

Stumonster,

I have been searching for the Widcomm updated drivers and cannot find anything that even looks like a driver. Can you remember where or how you got an upgraded driver?

Thanks,

Malcolm

You don't give a particular model for your Tecra, but assuming it is the A3 then it might be that your friendly technician turned the bluetooth switch on. This should be located on the front of your computer and an small orange light will come on/off as the device is activated/de-activated. (By default Toshiba ship with the device switched off).

Just a thought....