Internet In Bangkok

czGLoRy

Hey, this is my first post, but I have been living in Thailand with a few friends since the beginning of the year first in Phuket, and for the last few months in Bangkok.

It is very important for us to have internet here that is fast, and does not disconnect -- we have two internet services simultaenously and they are not working, and are terrible quality and disconnect a lot.

I live on Sukhumvit Soi 26, and we have two internet connections right now, a "True" internet and a TOT(?) that are both connected simultaneously and switch over when one drops. They still disconnect a few times an hour (usually only for a few seconds, but this is enough to cause huge damage) and t he router switches over fast enough to prevent any loss sometimes, but its not really acceptable.

Are there any good, or better internet services that are not as expensive as private business lines ?

Any information is greatly appreciated, thanks!

I am currently getting around 0.5 - 50 KBPS depending on time of day with either TOT or True (have both connections). I tried to call to set up with CSoXINFO (sp?) but I h ad to call three times to get them to answer, they disconnected my call while I was on hold twice, hung up on me when I called back, I tried one more time, the web site was down and the person who could tell me how much the service costed was "out to lunch" and they would call me back, never called back. Called again next day, no answer. I figure this is an indication of their customer service, so I am going to go with JZ-bizconnex 2mbps connection. Apparently it has international servers for good international speed, which is all that matters to me, besides stability.

I will report wih how the service is once I get it, apparently will take a few weeks. Also have to go to an internet cafe to print out / fill out a large application form, then fax it.

• 3 weeks later...
I am currently getting around 0.5 - 50 KBPS depending on time of day with either TOT or True (have both connections). I tried to call to set up with CSoXINFO (sp?) but I h ad to call three times to get them to answer, they disconnected my call while I was on hold twice, hung up on me when I called back, I tried one more time, the web site was down and the person who could tell me how much the service costed was "out to lunch" and they would call me back, never called back. Called again next day, no answer. I figure this is an indication of their customer service, so I am going to go with JZ-bizconnex 2mbps connection. Apparently it has international servers for good international speed, which is all that matters to me, besides stability.

I will report wih how the service is once I get it, apparently will take a few weeks. Also have to go to an internet cafe to print out / fill out a large application form, then fax it.

Any update on this? Couldnt find anything on Google about this company...

If you live in downtown Bangkok, you won't get anything reliable.

Wrong.

As someone else has said, the further out of Bangkok you go the worse it gets.

Seen allot of people recommending CSLoxinfo so I have a meeting with them on Wednesday, they talked in brioken English about having some kind of direct connection to France to get the international speeds up so will be interested to see what that's all about...

I currently use True (I live lower Sukhumvit), good reliable connection but international speeds are not great.

Tom.

Best and most reliable internet I've seen in my time here has been in Nonthaburi. Downtown Bangkok has been plagued with slowdowns and inconsistency (from very good like right now to less than dial-up speed) and horrible and always changing latency. The hot-lines will even tell you that rainfall is responsible for slowdowns and disconnects. I've lived in Soi 20, 40 and Rama IV and there is no difference in the connections. This is regarding True internet.

between suk 1 and suk 30ish internet sucks, silom/sathorn/high sukhumvit has great internet and better massage

What rubbish - I love true and I live in Sukhumvit to boot ...

586127231.png

586128170.png