Slingbox Problem

bikerlou47

I have had slingbox for 3 years just the usual problems

I have been traveling for 3 months using my slingbox everyday includin yesterday from Japan

I have returned home today and even though my internet speed appears to be fine my slingbox is very slow.

I have checked the box in the USA and everything is fine on that end.

I have called TTT and they said they are experiencing problems with some foreign web sites.

IS ANYONE OUT THERE USING A SLINGBOX AND DO YOU HAVE CURRENT ISSUES?

Thanks

I have had slingbox for 3 years just the usual problems

I have been traveling for 3 months using my slingbox everyday includin yesterday from Japan

I have returned home today and even though my internet speed appears to be fine my slingbox is very slow.

I have checked the box in the USA and everything is fine on that end.

I have called TTT and they said they are experiencing problems with some foreign web sites.

IS ANYONE OUT THERE USING A SLINGBOX AND DO YOU HAVE CURRENT ISSUES?

Thanks

I am not a user of a Slingbox but I have the current issues for some weeks now. Why did TTT say some when they were talking about foreign websites? But anyhow - I am a big admirer of all the people using this box here. Can it really work with the speed provided here?

I guess you have the one in the US on the default slingbox port 5001, and we have had issues with that port here in Thailand, so we changed to port 8080 (port 80 worked well too) and all seems to be OK so far (fingers crossed).

Also make sure you have the latest firmware in the Sling player (your PC) and the Slingbox as the new version speeds it up no end and if you have a slingPro you can watch hdtv too far better than before.

I guess you have the one in the US on the default slingbox port 5001, and we have had issues with that port here in Thailand, so we changed to port 8080 (port 80 worked well too) and all seems to be OK so far (fingers crossed).

Also make sure you have the latest firmware in the Sling player (your PC) and the Slingbox as the new version speeds it up no end and if you have a slingPro you can watch hdtv too far better than before.

Thank you so much!

Without my slingbox I have no NFL without NFL I will have a gloomy weekend :-)

Thanks again!

One potential problem with setting up a slingbox on port 8080 or on port 80 is that many ISP's in the US block incoming connection's to those ports unless you pay them an extra fee to have a static IP address. Basically they are trying to block you from setting up a web server without paying them a fee; ports 21 is likewise often blocked also since it is usually used for ftp. Using a port such at 4732 instead of 5001 might do the tick though (assuming that 4732 isn't a port that is known to be used by a popular application of any sort).