Required Documents For Change Of Car Ownership

DisainaM

missing a pinned thread about this topic, and couldn`t find information about that,

I want to buy a used car in bkk and registering it in Pattaya.

What are the required documents for the change of car ownership ?

The official websites a pretty low about that,

Evidences required

1. Car registration manual

2. Applicant’s personal evidences, i.e. photocopy of ID card or certificate of juristic person registration

http://vigportal.mot.go.th/portal/site/Por...537ff5506001ca/

http://vigportal.mot.go.th/portal/site/Por...48be80506001ca/

other sources

For a foreigner to buy a car you must have a letter from your embassy if you do not have a one year visa but in Pattaya you just need a letter from Immigration saying you wish to buy a car ; nothing from your Embassy. You also need to have letter from Immigration and for this you need 2 photos; copy of your house lease and landlords ID and House Registration; your passport and copies of visa pages and ID copy.Once you have the letter from immigration normally free of charge you then buy your car and take the car to the reg office with the owners book, copy of his ID & House reg and Power of attorney form if he isn't going to assist plus he or she has filled out change of onership form for you. If not registered for a while then you have to pay backtaxes and Insurance --most reg depts have insurance company available there.

http://www.asiatradingonline.com/carbuying.htm

- letter from Immigration

- owners book (blue book)

- copy of ID from the last owner,

- House reg of the last owner,

- Power of attorney form, signed by the last owner,

- a filled change of ownership form, signed by the last owner,

but sometimes, there is trouble, if the copy of the ID of the last owner isn`t signed

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/Problem-Tran...ip-t255748.html

So if you want registering the car in another region bkk / Pattaya, do you need additional paperwork ?

• 4 weeks later...

I have gone thro all the hoops to get a vehicle transferred to my name, now it seems that the vehicle itself must be present at the exchange of registration book etc.

Does anyone know why please.?

I ask because it is a terrible journey to Tailing Chan from centre of Bangkok.

I have gone thro all the hoops to get a vehicle transferred to my name, now it seems that the vehicle itself must be present at the exchange of registration book etc.

because older then x amount of years gets a (joke) inspection..

To make sure its not a ringer, or your tx'ing a write off car to move the book to new owner who then rings one (big market in written off books for this) to make sure engine number and chassis number is not modified or changed, tax paid on any import engines etc..

whole host of reasons.. Why so resistant to it.

Transfer of ownership always involves checking identity of vehicle by DMV

As a resident of Taling Chan I agree, it is a terrible journey from Taling Chan to the center of Bangkok...and the return trip. But the only terrible part of the journey is the "in the center of Bangkok" portion. :)

Use en agent and you don't need to show the car, but you have to "copy" the VIN number and engine numver of your car (white scotch tape and pensil). If you want t show the car you can go to your local Transportaton offfice and show the car there, get the certficates and send al te papers t Bangkok (we use a agent, it's cheaper to use a agent than waste the time in Bangkok)), so you no need to show the car in Bangkok either. BTW, NEW: Copy of Tabien Baan (Family book) is no longer needed for seller and buyer. Need Copie of ID Card only, if Thai!

• 9 years later...