Voip

earlofwindermere

I am not talking about Skype as it still seems to work ok. I use Primus TalkBroadband which is similar to Vonage. For the past 3-4 weeks, it has stopped working. I ordered a replacement box thinking that it was my hardware but the new box still cannot connect. I have a TT&T Maxnet connection (or whatever the new name of the company is now called).

What is the experience of people on this forum? Is VOIP technology is being blocked or you still able to use it? If so, I would like to know what internet service provider you are using. I am based in Chiang Mai and am limited in the choices but would be willing to change providers if I knew that I could still access my VOIP service.

Thanks,

I've had the same problem with VoIP and Indy package. Until end of June it was working fine, but from one day to the next I couldn't understand the other side. Even some international websites were not or very bad accessible. The service from TT&T came to my house with the intention to show me that my hardware cause the fault. They connected a brought along modem - and all was working fine! That's the evidence for the technicans and I should buy a new modem.

But I insisted to see the configuration of her modem and found, they have used a Premier account. And that was the reason! So I've upgraded to an Premier account for the double price but now it is working fine for over two months.

I think they have adjusted some screws at TT&T to urge the people to upgrade to the more expensive Premier account.

Well for the past week or so I've been having a problem with MSN Messenger, I'm outside of the LOS at the moment and normally chat to my better half on a daily basis. Initially was having problems with the video not connecting but last few days the call function does not connect. All we can do is send messages so there is a connection there but not enough to support the VOIP function. Today she advised that her friend was also experiencing the same problem with messenger. Has anyone else experienced this? Not sure what provider she has, is in Khon Kaen so is probably TT&T.

Have read the Royal Thai Police Block thread here; http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/Royal-Thai-P...html&st=140 - could they be traffic shaping aswell? Its infuriating to say the least, will be interested to know if anyone else is experiencing the same problems.