Honda Crv Price In Australia V. Thailand

ezzra

I would go with taxes beeing the reason for high prices.

Why would a Hilux 4WD, 4-door "top of the line" (950.000) Cost way less than a "top of the line" Corolla (1.100.000)?

The answer is different taxes.

Tommy

Could it be because the Hilux (and all other pickup trucks) are basically very very old technology (of the 50ies) and the tools for making them have been amortized long ago.

The Corolla Altis, although not exactly a state of the art car, especially the engine, is more modern and more expensive to build, also probably more save.

Here in Thailand, as with any other things, we only get the crappy products they cannot sell anywhere else. But here we have a heavily protected market, which prevents modern, high efficiency, environment friendly cars to be sold at a competitive price. And then there is no high octane gasoline for high tech and clean engines.

I would go with taxes beeing the reason for high prices.

Why would a Hilux 4WD, 4-door "top of the line" (950.000) Cost way less than a "top of the line" Corolla (1.100.000)?

The answer is different taxes.

Tommy

Could it be because the Hilux (and all other pickup trucks) are basically very very old technology (of the 50ies) and the tools for making them have been amortized long ago.

The Corolla Altis, although not exactly a state of the art car, especially the engine, is more modern and more expensive to build, also probably more save.

Here in Thailand, as with any other things, we only get the crappy products they cannot sell anywhere else. But here we have a heavily protected market, which prevents modern, high efficiency, environment friendly cars to be sold at a competitive price. And then there is no high octane gasoline for high tech and clean engines.

Toyota Hilux Vigo was launched in october 2004, and all the tools to manyfacture it are new. It does not carry over any parts from previous Hilux models.

Toyota Camry 2,4 Hybrid was just launched in LOS, made in LOS with a huge taxdiscount. Doesnt seem to prevent modern hightech.

Read the full thread if you want to know why pickups and some SUVs are very inexpensive in LOS. Altis is much cheaper to build than Vigo, but has much higher excice tax (actually 300% higher), so sells more expensive.

As for the fuel, I agree with you. Lack of Euro 4 and 5 diesel and 98 octane petrol makes some car supliers have to sell dated or detuned engines in LOS.

Here in Thailand, as with any other things, we only get the crappy products they cannot sell anywhere else.

About half of all Thai made cars and trucks are exported.

As for choosing what to build here - they consider buying power. Thailand is not exactly at the top and so gets cheaper models.

If you are incensed by Toyota - try comparing Mercedes Benz offerings here and in the US or Germany.

Here in Thailand, as with any other things, we only get the crappy products they cannot sell anywhere else.

About half of all Thai made cars and trucks are exported.

As for choosing what to build here - they consider buying power. Thailand is not exactly at the top and so gets cheaper models.

If you are incensed by Toyota - try comparing Mercedes Benz offerings here and in the US or Germany.

hmmm

Mercedes Benz build both E class 500 and S class 500 here

BMW builds 7 series here, in addition to 5 and 3. Every BMW sold in LOS has higher spec than average from BMW Germany. Leather, xenon, elseats etc. BMW is a comon car in Germany, often not high spec. Here its luxury, always high spec.

According to Benz website the e-class here starts with E 200 with 1.8l engine and the top model is E 280 with 3l engine. According to edmunds.com the entry level in the US is E 350 with 3.5l, and there's nothing smaller than that.

According to Benz website the e-class here starts with E 200 with 1.8l engine and the top model is E 280 with 3l engine. According to edmunds.com the entry level in the US is E 350 with 3.5l, and there's nothing smaller than that.

benz LOS is not the only one to update its website long after presenting new models.

Their official sale of new E 500 (W212) started a couple of weeks ago at 10.290.000 baht, 629.000 baht cheaper than S 500.

The other W212 models have to wait until engines/fuelsystem/exhaust are modified to cope with lousy LOS fuel (read Euro3 diesel and no 98 petrol)

The prices are always quite different as already stated. What bothers me is that the 2nd hand car I just bought in Thailand is twice what I would have paid in the U.S. Such is life. At least lunch is only 30baht and rent is only 25% what I'd be paying in the U.S.

benz LOS is not the only one to update its website long after presenting new models.

Their official sale of new E 500 (W212) started a couple of weeks ago at 10.290.000 baht, 629.000 baht cheaper than S 500.

The other W212 models have to wait until engines/fuelsystem/exhaust are modified to cope with lousy LOS fuel (read Euro3 diesel and no 98 petrol)

I remember that the meanest e-class on Edmunds was 80+k in USD. that would be around 3 million baht,around the price of 1.8l entry level model with Avangard trim here (or whatever their better equipped versions called).

CRV price difference is non-existent by those standards.