The What To Do On Sunday Tips

AlexLah

As many people are a bit bored on a Sunday and don't wanna go to the shopping mall I thought it might be a nice idea to share some uncommon places to go.

Let me start with this hidden place: The Buddha Dharma Relics Museum.

It claims to be the world's largest cultural relics museum.

Adress: Rama 3 road Bangkok Square (sometimes called Chatuchak 3).

It is on the side where they are building the new high rise condo named: The Pano (is the side that goes to Thaksin bridge).

It is a few hundred meters after where they build The Pano so drive slowly once passed as it is easy to mis the place.

The place is fully airconditioned and I must say I was very impressed with the quality of the interior and stuff inside.

After you finished (take about an hour) you can either enjoy a bite and a drink in the adjacent restaurant (not expensive and good tasty food) or explore the rest of the square and have a bite and refresher in some other restaurant near the river and enjoy the view of the new bridge.

And above all. it is FREE entrance!

Happy Sunday!

:)

First, Plarex let me congratulate you on posting something normal. :)

Second, duh, everybody knows Sunday is Lover's Day - when you stay in bed all day long with your lover... lots of pillows, nice sheets, frolicking around after sleeping in... maybe just get out of bed to make a late lunch together - or if you're a real gentleman, making her breakfast/lunch in bed... and then just frolicking the rest of the day until the sun goes down.... That is Sunday's activities.

I once knew a girl who said Sunday was family day - she got tossed to the curb/or did she toss me I cannot recall but I assure you she's been replaced by someone much better. It's Lover's day damnit. But if you want to take bimmie, er da bitch, for a stroll then sure go to the park or whatever and bake in the hot sun... but I'll take a day in a soft king size bed with an even softer lady any day.....

Now if you want to talk about Fridays and Saturdays, then ok I'm in for suggestions as the same old shit is getting old in Bangkok.... but never Sunday...

Jcon, I appreciate your suggestion but don't you think once a week is a bit on the lower side of how frequent "It" should be done? :D

I mean if I would do that to my GF she would freak out and possibly be searching for some "local meat" to fill the days in between. :D

Next to that if you declare Sunday, "Lovers day" it would become kind of a habit unless you are a creative kind of person like myself.

:D

The place I mentioned was even on TV this Sunday and it seems a very unique place in Thailand and I agree with their statement being the world biggest.

Even if you not into Buddhism yourself those with a Thai partner would see the other half very happy and to me that is what "Lovers day" is also about. So yes a great suggestion Jcon to declare Sunday lovers day if the goal is to surprise and see your partner happy and excited.

My GF made me happy the Sunday a week before when she suggested going to Central World Plaza to see the BMW exhibition. GF also very happy as she finally knew what car she would like to drive. (She chose the Z4 as her ultimate desired ride). :) The only question now is which color it should be in... :D

So if any of you have some tips on other places to visit and surprise yourself and partner please add. I am for example looking for a place that serves any type of African food or any other rare place. Just looking for the unusual stuff.

Cheers all!

Jcon, I appreciate your suggestion but don't you think once a week is a bit on the lower side of how frequent "It" should be done? :D

I mean if I would do that to my GF she would freak out and possibly be searching for some "local meat" to fill the days in between. :D

Next to that if you declare Sunday, "Lovers day" it would become kind of a habit unless you are a creative kind of person like myself.

The place I mentioned was even on TV this Sunday and it seems a very unique place in Thailand and I agree with their statement being the world biggest.

Even if you not into Buddhism yourself those with a Thai partner would see the other half very happy and to me that is what "Lovers day" is also about. So yes a great suggestion Jcon to declare Sunday lovers day if the goal is to surprise and see your partner happy and excited.

My GF made me happy the Sunday a week before when she suggested going to Central World Plaza to see the BMW exhibition. GF also very happy as she finally knew what car she would like to drive. (She chose the Z4 as her ultimate desired ride). :) The only question now is which color it should be in... :D

So if any of you have some tips on other places to visit and surprise yourself and partner please add. I am for example looking for a place that serves any type of African food or any other rare place. Just looking for the unusual stuff.

Cheers all!

"the only question now is which color it should be in"

My only question would be who is gonna pay for it and "<deleted> the colour" :D

A day at The Ancient City - outside of Bangkok near the Crocodile Farm. It is a huge park, done in the shape of Thailand, with replicas of the important Thai buildings (ancient and new), some done to scale.

It is a full day - but a nice place to visit - they have restaurants and snacks inside the place, mainly Thai food.

Its only Baht 50 entry and if you take you car that costs Baht 50.

A day at The Ancient City - outside of Bangkok near the Crocodile Farm. It is a huge park, done in the shape of Thailand, with replicas of the important Thai buildings (ancient and new), some done to scale.

It is a full day - but a nice place to visit - they have restaurants and snacks inside the place, mainly Thai food.

Its only Baht 50 entry and if you take you car that costs Baht 50.

Drove past there on Sunday with the gf and we decided to check it out. It was almost 5, so everything was closing down, but you're right its a nice place to spend a couple of leisurely hours.

Price was Bt 150 entry with an extra Bt 50 each for a bicycle or Bt 300 (I think) for a golf buggy. Being the soft touch that I am, I agreed to take a tandem. No guesses for who did all the pedalling :)

Beware of the double pricing though. It says Bt 300 for a tourist pass, with the Thai prices in Thai numerals. I told them I worked here and had a work permit and they said no problem, didn't even want to see a copy.

Went to Bang Poo Seaside Park afterwards which was ok, but not really much to do except look at the sea. The sunset was quite nice though.

^^ Good crab at the seafood restaurant on the pier at Bang Poo!

A day touring around the various vineyards at Khao Yai is always enjoyable.

The Rose Garden is nice for a stroll too, (albeit a tad too touristy for my tastes), but they have a nice restaurant on the river.

Went to Bang Poo Seaside Park afterwards which was ok, but not really much to do except look at the sea. The sunset was quite nice though.

Bangpoo Seaside Resort (almost directly opposite the entrance to Bangpoo Industrial Estate) can be fun on Sundays, but it depends on what you are looking for.

Unless it's changed in the last year or so, Sunday is the day when they have Thai Bands, dancers etc. etc. at lunchtime - it's very popular and as a result the usually extensive Menu is severely restricted to about 20 - 25 items, if that.

So if you like (really loud) Thai style music and other entertainment, it's an interesting place to go - on Sundays.

If you like good, quite cheap Thai food - especially Seafood - with a good view over the river estuary, go any other day of the week.

Patrick