Can I / Should I Get A Policy In Thailand?

natalie8

I have a couple of questions regarding both health and life insurance. Maybe some of our members can answer too.

I am Canadian and my husband is Thai. He has a life and health insurance policy with AIA in Thailand which he has had for a few years now.

I do not have any life or health insurance coverage with them or anyone in Thailand. We both live in Dubai right now, he's been here almost three years and me almost two.

He also has coverage through his employer with me as a spouse but I don't have any coverage for myself. We're both wondering if I should get a policy from Thailand, since the possibility of us moving there in the future is very real, or would I be better off getting a policy here.

I hope to get some advice on here.

Thanks

Edited by natalie8

I have a couple of questions regarding both health and life insurance. Maybe some of our members can answer too.

I am Canadian and my husband is Thai. He has a life and health insurance policy with AIA in Thailand which he has had for a few years now.

I do not have any life or health insurance coverage with them or anyone in Thailand. We both live in Dubai right now, he's been here almost three years and me almost two.

He also has coverage through his employer with me as a spouse but I don't have any coverage for myself. We're both wondering if I should get a policy from Thailand, since the possibility of us moving there in the future is very real, or would I be better off getting a policy here.

I hope to get some advice on here.

Thanks

If you will be moving in the near future then yes, now would be a good time to start a medical plan especially of you are 'fit' - i.e. before a problem arises which may cause an exclusion to the policy.