Retirement Visa Requirements Me And My Wife

Hi

I have an retirement visum and my wife a dependant one based on the fact that I have pension and an extra additional amount for being married from my home country ( making together 65.000 baht/month).

Next year my wife will get her own pension and I will not get that extra amount anymore. It will be something like 45.000 baht for me and 20.000 baht for my wife.

The government transfer both amount to my account.

My question is can I just show them both amount to match the 65,000 baht rules? May be a letter from embassy showing that we both got pension and total amount will be 65,000 baht ++

Thanks in advance

The amount must be on a letter for one person - for joint retirement a total of twice the amount would be required. But you can use a bank account in your name only here in Thailand with funds in it for three months to make up any shorfall from the required 65k amount - if your total is 45k per month that would be 260k in bank account.

The direct answer to your question is no you cannot. Next year your 45,000 baht monthly pension will not meet the requirements. You'll have to supplement it with a bank account, in your name, in Thailand to make up the difference. Your wife can continue as a dependent, her 1 year extension piggy-backed onto your retirement extension.

Edited by InterestedObserver