I Want A Teaching Job

Im thinking about giving up my cleaning job and coming to Thailand to teach english.I have some experience teaching english to the other cleaners.

Im 35yo from Australia ,and I dont know where to starrt.

If i do the TESOL Certificate course here in Australia,would it still be recognised in Thailand?

Also i dont wanna teach in cities,i want to work only in rural areas ,preferably way outback.If i get the TESOL in Australia ,then go to ajarn.com you think i could get a job?

Ok what else then do i need besides a TESOL.

Im thinking about giving up my cleaning job and coming to Thailand to teach english.I have some experience teaching english to the other cleaners.

If i do the TESOL Certificate course here in Australia,would it still be recognised in Thailand?

Also i dont wanna teach in cities,i want to work only in rural areas ,preferably way outback.If i get the TESOL in Australia ,then go to ajarn.com you think i could get a job?

Another idea Billy ? A new group of ideas every week. Wildly disparate ideas at that. Gay Bars then property development, taxi owning now teaching. Give it a rest

Another idea Billy ?  A new group of ideas every week. Wildly disparate ideas at that. Gay Bars then property development, taxi owning now teaching. Give it a rest

Not even an interesting or humorous troll; just a dimwit. :o

Mbkudu and I need a cut. Can ya spare ten per cent of Billy's brass when the 100k arrives. :D  :o

:D

Sure but me feels he'll be on another money making thread enquiry soon.

Cc

yep... and it didn't take long. Now it's the cheap condo business that peaks his interest.... :D:D

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=29714&hl=

Maybe you could go to England and teach cleaning.

No TESOL required.

Another idea Billy ? A new group of ideas every week. Wildly disparate ideas at that. Gay Bars then property development, taxi owning now teaching. Give it a rest

Dont forget the cafe and then the minimart - Billy is becoming a conglomerate before he has even got here. I bet GE are quaking at the thought of losing their crown as the worlds biggest conglomerate.

I can see it now on ABC - Billy conquers Thailand - a success story due to the free trade agreement - woops better not mention that or Billy is going to have a whole heap of other import/export ideas :o

It looks like you really wanna get out of down under. Well, if you have all the good intentions, I'd say you should get the help to get here legally, and really consider teaching English to the cleaners here, at least in your spare time.

You should also check what the Thai-Aus free-trade entails--Perhaps you won't need to spend that much to get here.

Seriously, there's a shortage of real labor job almost all over the world, and in some of these places you can perhaps earn more than what you're getting in Australia. Unfortunately, Thailand is not one of those places with very high cost of labor.

I don't suppose there's anything wrong with your idea of teaching, as long as you are sure that you will be able to stay committed and sincere to the profession. Afterall, many people from English-speaking countries take advantage of TEFL opportunity as a mean to get out of a state of stagnation. Sadly, many or at least some of these people are not all that committed and sincere, regardless of what "qualifications" they may have.

I used to volunteer-teach English to new immigrants and teens on probation while I was in College, and that's in an English-speaking country. I suppose you'd be able to find a similar facility in Australia where you can be of help, and help yourself find out whether you really have a passion for teaching. I don't mean to dismiss the importance of your current exprience, but I really think you should find out if it is really something you really can do with some degree of commitment.

As for myself, I don't currently teach because I really get burned by the English-teaching politics in Thailand. I think I'd be a better learner and educator if I could make a living from an independent biz that does not formally and directly involve teaching of the English language. I don't think you'd have too much of a problem with the politics I talk about here.....But I do hope that you'd make a responsible choice.

Best of Luck,

Bangkokian

Edited by bangkokian

I thought I should add that you might consider contacting the bkexpert cleaning company advertised on this site.

See, I'd wanted to run a biz like this one, but I don't have any experience in the field. I had wanted to learn from an operator in Oregon about this environmental cleaning biz, but I didn't.....

Best

Bangkokian

You could come here, teach English to bargirls, and they'd teach you about cleaning out wallets and pockets.

From previous info from our Bill, he'd prefer barboys :D

Indeed, I thought PB would have caught that one :o .

I may be old, but I'm not slow. I assumed the OP was hetero, and I was guessing the bargirls could teach him a few things about empty wallets. :o

Oh, the barboys are quite talented in that regard, as well. We used to have long talks about it on dreadedned.com until their forum shut down. IJWT warned me before I ever got here.

Barboys, barboys; don't get me started. :D