Can Someone Do Me A Favour?

dageshi

Hello, this is a bit of an unusual request. When I was last in Thailand I picked up an absolutely brilliant bit of travel kit, pictured below. It's cost about 250baht and basically fits over the top of the door knob of your hotel/guesthouse room, the upshot being that once a padlock is fitted no one, not even the owner of the place gets into your room (knocking the door down withstanding). Unfortunately I got back to the UK and gave mine to someone who was about to go on a round the world trip assuming I could pick a new one up online. Big mistake since seemingly the only place *in the world* they are made and sold is thailand.

So I'd like to get a couple replacements, would anyone on the board be willing to buy a couple and send them to me in the UK? I'm happy to paypal the money for them and postage in advance for anyone who's willing to do it. I bought my original one from a little lock/security shop in central bangkok but I've seen them in other such shops in various parts of BKK and Chiang Mai so I think they are reasonably common, the manufacturer on mine was Solex which i think is a fairly well known Thai security manufacturer. Anyway if anyone can help I'd really appreciate it, these making keeping your stuff while traveling alot easier.

jq5lwg.jpg

2wnaihi.jpg

Couldn't find them on the website, but it this them?

http://www.solextoplock.com/

Maybe worth an email?

RAZZ

No it is none of them. It is a cylindrical device that you put over yout door knob (usually on the inside) and with the padlock in place the device just turns but the door knob doesn't.

Great for when you have a hooker in your room and when she decides to clean you out "she / he" cannot get out leaving them with two options "not stealing anything and waiting until you awaken or the alternativel of jumping out the window with your dosh, gold chain, expensive watch, etc.

The second option is not recommended for rooms above the 3rd or 4th floors :)

Thet are readily available in most shops such as Home Pro, Global House etc.

Couldn't find them on the website, but it this them?

http://www.solextoplock.com/

Maybe worth an email?

RAZZ

No it is none of them. It is a cylindrical device that you put over yout door knob (usually on the inside) and with the padlock in place the device just turns but the door knob doesn't.

Great for when you have a hooker in your room and when she decides to clean you out "she / he" cannot get out leaving them with two options "not stealing anything and waiting until you awaken or the alternativel of jumping out the window with your dosh, gold chain, expensive watch, etc.

The second option is not recommended for rooms above the 3rd or 4th floors :D

Thet are readily available in most shops such as Home Pro, Global House etc.

:)

RAZZ

Great for when you have a hooker in your room and when she decides to clean you out "she / he" cannot get out leaving them with two options "not stealing anything and waiting until you awaken or the alternativel of jumping out the window with your dosh, gold chain, expensive watch, etc..................

I don't even want to think about where you hide the keys !! :)

If anyone finds the locks please let us all know too where you found them. Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...
Hello, this is a bit of an unusual request. When I was last in Thailand I picked up an absolutely brilliant bit of travel kit, pictured below. It's cost about 250baht and basically fits over the top of the door knob of your hotel/guesthouse room, the upshot being that once a padlock is fitted no one, not even the owner of the place gets into your room (knocking the door down withstanding). Unfortunately I got back to the UK and gave mine to someone who was about to go on a round the world trip assuming I could pick a new one up online. Big mistake since seemingly the only place *in the world* they are made and sold is thailand.

So I'd like to get a couple replacements, would anyone on the board be willing to buy a couple and send them to me in the UK? I'm happy to paypal the money for them and postage in advance for anyone who's willing to do it. I bought my original one from a little lock/security shop in central bangkok but I've seen them in other such shops in various parts of BKK and Chiang Mai so I think they are reasonably common, the manufacturer on mine was Solex which i think is a fairly well known Thai security manufacturer. Anyway if anyone can help I'd really appreciate it, these making keeping your stuff while traveling alot easier.

jq5lwg.jpg

2wnaihi.jpg

And i can spot an orange cuddly toy/gonk ......with a di!do in its mouth!