Anyone Going To The World Cup Next Year?

russianrobert

Not me, I'm afraid. I did look into the possibility of going over for the Test match series, but £3,000 for flight and accommodation alone is realistically beyond my means. Goodness knows how much the World Cup would work out at !?

Although you may get more joy out of Sol Campbell, as I understand that a possible reason that he jacked-in Notts Country after only one game was because he also has his eye on going over. :)

Not me, I'm afraid. I did look into the possibility of going over for the Test match series, but £3,000 for flight and accommodation alone is realistically beyond my means. Goodness knows how much the World Cup would work out at !?

Although you may get more joy out of Sol Campbell, as I understand that a possible reason that he jacked-in Notts Country after only one game was because he also has his eye on going over. :)

At 40k a week he can afford to pay to go. :D :D

I'll give it a miss thanks . . . :D

Scotland always does. :D

:) PMSL

I was hoping to find a group from Bangkok who were going. Maybe there will be more interest nearer the time but by then it could be difficult getting tickets and accomodation, i suppose.

My best bet is probably to meet up with people when i get there. Loads of groups going from UK of course.

Scotland not there and France having trouble qualifying could be the perfect start to the world cup! :D

After the several thousand tickets that go to supporters who are members of their national FA's supporters clubs. I believe last time it was 6000 tickets for England members in Germany. That 75% of the remaining tickets are going to corporate clients and tour operators.

Hence why you would have noticed the prices from 2500GBP to go to SA next year with Thomas Cook advertised at the ManU/City game and Spurs/Chelsea games last week.

I went to France 98 and didnt enjoy it at all, i was unable to get a hotel/ticket, plus the place was full of English people who think theyre double hard bastard football hooligans (2 i was with have since proven their hooligan credentials by becoming grasses), my advice would be to take a month off work and get a big shiny TV and a collection of takeaway menus.

It's on the Cards but no disrespect, i won't be going with anyone off of an Internet Site that i've never met before, unless HH fancies a night out with me & wants to show me how great & how nice the people of Soweto can be ?? :)

Im the same, but saying that if you see me there say hello and i'll buy you a beer, just look for my flag and i'll be near it.

post-35045-1253942117_thumb.jpg

would love to, but finances wont allow it

grrrrr

Im trying to convince some one in S Africa to hire me to do some silly odd job and pay for my flight :D alternatively, I know somebody who keeps promising to send me tickets to all sorts of places ....just have to make sure he delivers :)

I know some guys who are going though. they have already started buying tickets to some of the games

• 2 weeks later...
After the several thousand tickets that go to supporters who are members of their national FA's supporters clubs. I believe last time it was 6000 tickets for England members in Germany. That 75% of the remaining tickets are going to corporate clients and tour operators.

Hence why you would have noticed the prices from 2500GBP to go to SA next year with Thomas Cook advertised at the ManU/City game and Spurs/Chelsea games last week.

I went to France 98 and didnt enjoy it at all, i was unable to get a hotel/ticket, plus the place was full of English people who think theyre double hard bastard football hooligans (2 i was with have since proven their hooligan credentials by becoming grasses), my advice would be to take a month off work and get a big shiny TV and a collection of takeaway menus.

I'm a member of englandfans and missed out on tickets last WC with the exception of the Sweden game. This time around I should have enough loyalty caps (1 cap for every home game attended and 2 caps for aways) during the period to get tickets for every England game in SA. One of the reasons for this is the larger stadia in SA compare to that of Germany.

So it may have been 6,000 tickets for one game in Germany the allocation is actually calculated on a percentage of the capacity of each stadium for each game. I think it's something like 12.5% of the capacity to each of the competing FA's and as you rightly say the remaining 75% are going to corporate sponsors and travel companies. Thistime around however the cheapest category tickets are exclusively sold to South African residents which means there will of course be plenty on the black market out there.

In case anyone is interested, saw this the other day..

http://emirates.com/th/English/destination...p_packages.aspx

Oh go on then....I'll take the following package.....

Includes a ticket for all 3 group matches + 1 round 16 + 1 quarter final + 1 semi final + final match

Including Flights

32 nights

7 match tickets

Can you imagine how much they are!? :)

In case anyone is interested, saw this the other day..

http://emirates.com/th/English/destination...p_packages.aspx

Oh go on then....I'll take the following package.....

Includes a ticket for all 3 group matches + 1 round 16 + 1 quarter final + 1 semi final + final match

Including Flights

32 nights

7 match tickets

Can you imagine how much they are!? :)

I found the package prices...

http://emirates.com/th/english/Images/Upda...m293-494848.pdf

Never really understood the attraction of watching it live. Involves a lot of schlepping, queueing, cramped, hard seats, poor views, not to mention the cost. Much better off watching it in the comfort of your own home on TV. :)

Edited by katana

Never really understood the attraction of watching it live. Involves a lot of schlepping, queueing, cramped, hard seats, poor views, not to mention the cost. Much better off watching it in the comfort of your own home on TV. :)

Its just the fact that your there, its a great feeling, ive been to 2 world cups and 2 euro's watching England, its amazing. Even though like you say the views and the comfort is better at home, its still not the same. You don't have to put up with Andy Gray talking crap also if your there :D