The Sub-1000b Hotel Thread!

Daren

Hey everyone,

I can't even begin to count how many times I've been asked by friends, family and even just random tourists, "Where should I stay in BKK for 500 - 1000B?"

Well I have a few suggestions myself and I will share them in hopes that other will do the same! :)

Sukhumvit Soi 6 has a few places that range from 585 - 2000B. My experiences have always been positive and will definitely stay in this area again. Of course there are more budget rooms on Soi 4 but on Soi one can avoid the circus that centers at Nana Plaza, if one so chooses as Soi 6 accesses Sukhumvit directly.

For a hotel reasonably close to Suvarnabhumi Airport there is the Nasa Vegas Hotel on Ramkhamhaeng Road. The rates range from 690 - 2800B but they offer free use of their "Health Club" and a few minutes of internet for free.

North of Khao Sarn Road, around Samsen Soi 6, there are several places I have used. My favorite is Nakorn Pink (on Soi 6) which has a wide variety of rooms suitable for solo budget travelers, long-stays and even accommodations for families. Basic air-con digs are 490B or 590 for a more modern room with hot water. Here's a review by Travelfish.

Right in the heart of the shopping district and opposite MBK Shopping Center is Soi Kasem San 1 with several places in the range of 700 - 2000B. Most of the cheapies are tiny (but clean) box-like rooms boasting comforts such as air-con, hot water and internet in the lobby.

Well there ya go, hotels suitable for a low to moderate budget in several interesting parts of BKK! Any comments or questions are welcome!

If I'm going to be completely honest, my motivation for posting this was actually a bit selfish. My brother and sister-in-law are coming for a visit at the end of this month and I was thinking it would be fun for me to find a new place to stay around the 700B mark. Can anyone please help me find a new central place with air, hot water and TV? Anything around Pratunam, on the BTS or near Suk would be cool! We would be grateful for any tips offered!

Cheers folks!

:D

Cool! those are a few good tips! Thanks guys!

I'm still looking for a good place closer to 700B/night and if you want to keep yours a relative secret to the world, I understand. Perhaps folks would consider PM'ing me directly?

:)

The Nasa Vegas is for sure one of the best joints below 1,000. But no free internet! You have to buy an access code that costs you 150 Baht a day, still the total is below 1,000 if you opt for their smallest rooms. As for the big rooms, it is exactly 1,000....

Another good one is the Bangko Resort in Lad Prao Soi 71, actually the road that goes parallel to the highway leading up to Ram Intra. 850 Baht including Internet and very nice rooms.

There is a hotel in the first little sub-soi on the right off Suk soi 8 and opposite side to Soi8Bar - no not soi Lolita, that is the 2nd sub-soi. I don't know the name of it but an acquaintance mentioned that he stays there all of the time. He said clean and no need to book in advance. And he seemed a decent style of bloke, so it maybe worth checking out. 500tbaht with fan, but a/c is available at extra cost.

The LILLY HOTEL is a very nice 14 room "Boutique" hotel on Sukhumvit between Ekkamai and Phra Khanong; odd soi side, about 200 yards before the Phra Khanong BTS stairway. They opened earlier this year.

Nice rooms, wifi and coffee shop; very friendly, very clean: around B800.

Great place if you want a place out of lower Suk. but convenient to the BTS, good for visiting family or couples.

Another good hotel that we have stayed at a few times is I M Fusion just up from the Tesco/BTS at On -Nut at 1000 baht a night if u get a deal, Otherwise it can be closer to 2000 baht a night. Go to their website and look for specials like the week-end special - two nights for 2000 b, May not suit everybody but it is a nice hotel especially if u are with someone special.

Because of the special deals i think it could be included in the sub 1000 baht category(altho tax pushes it a bit over) and is worth alook.

Their website is http://www.immhotel.com/fusion-home.html

The LILLY HOTEL is a very nice 14 room "Boutique" hotel on Sukhumvit between Ekkamai and Phra Khanong; odd soi side, about 200 yards before the Phra Khanong BTS stairway. They opened earlier this year.

Nice rooms, wifi and coffee shop; very friendly, very clean: around B800.

Great place if you want a place out of lower Suk. but convenient to the BTS, good for visiting family or couples.

CORRECTION: The correct hotel name is: LILLA HOTEL, not Lilly.

My bad.

A great little hotel that i stayed at was Nantra De Comfort Hotel on Thong Lo. 8 minutes walk down from the BTS on the left had side, Between soi 5 and 7.

Brand new place with VERY nice rooms. Flat screen TV, free wifi, cable TV. 900 bht per night and includes a continental breakfast. Free tea and coffee.

Long term rates are 12,000 bht per month. All the above but electric at 7 bht per unit is extra. I was really impressed with this place.

Check here for some pictures. http://www.asiahotels.com/hotelinfo/Nantra...omfort_Bangkok/

Also, try The Green Bells. Again, brand new places. I stayed at the one on New Petchburi/Ekkamai inter section. Not sure of the daily rate but monthly starts at 9,000 with electric, water, cable TV extra. I took the serviced option with everything incluse at 13,000 bht per month. VERY nice place with pool and well apointed rooms. Canal boat 5 minutes walk near by to Asoke, Nana and into the center.20 baht motor bike taxi to Thong Lo BTS. Hotel also provides free tuk tuk drop off to Ekkamai or Thong Lo BTS. (pne way only)

There is also one at Suk. Soi 71 very near the BTS.

Check it out here. http://www.thegreenbells.com/english/index.htm I was very impressed.

I also saw a Hotel at Asoke/New Petchburi intersection. Casa Hotel. Just before the canal bridge on the left hand side. 15 minutes walk to Asoke/ Sukhumvit intersection or the place is 2minute walk to Petchbure MRT. Can't remember the daily rate. (i'm interested in monthly only) but would be around 800 me thinks. Not as nice as the previuos two but still good.

Monthly rates at 8,500 but everything is extra

http://www.casathailand.com/

Edited by russianrobert