Land Purchase In Kalasin

Im looking for a small plot of land, to be owned by a Thai national, in Kalasin, where a residential house can be built. It needs to be served by roads, electricity and water supplies. What is the best way to find land in these areas, as obviously these are not advertised on the Internet. Does anyone perhaps know of a reputable estate agent who operates in kalasin.

Hi there, I have lived in Kalasin for 18 months and there are no estate agents in Kalasin.

About 4 weeks ago there was an auction re land for sale at the end of my quiet soi, and my Thai wife tells me there are a very limited number of plots still left for sale (reliable information or not) the auction was on behalf of Thai Farmers Bank....so maybe have your Thai partner phone the local branch in Kalasin to find out if some of the land is still for sale.

One thing I would say, if you do intend to move up here, you will need to be prepared for a quiet life, I have probably seen no more than 5 farang since being here, the locals are very friendly and the cost of living us unbelievably cheaper than Bangkok.

Im looking for a small plot of land, to be owned by a Thai national, in Kalasin, where a residential house can be built. It needs to be served by roads, electricity and water supplies. What is the best way to find land in these areas, as obviously these are not advertised on the Internet. Does anyone perhaps know of a reputable estate agent who operates in kalasin.

I have lived in Kalasin for the past 8 years, and love living in this area.... Rented for 4+ years before deciding that this is the place I wanted to be, and also what area of the city I wanted to live in... I then purchased a Lot in the wife's name and designed and built our current home....

There are no "Agents" for finding property in this area, and if anyone tells you that they are one, run fast.... I would say that at least 40% or more of the vacant lots you see around town are for sale, but finding out who owns them and then arriving at a fair price can be a bit of a challange.... We looked at multiple lots in different areas prior to purchasing out land, then built it up and waited a bit before beginning to build the house...

Anyway, we know of at least five or six nice lots that are available and for sale at prices ranging from 350,000 to 600,000+ depending on the location and size... If you would like to PM (Private Message) me, we would be willing to meet you and offer any suggestions or advice that we can...

As to Ex-pats / Farangs in the Kalasin area, I personally know at least 10 or more, and I would think that there is probably 20 to 30 living in and around the Kalasin area...

Pianoman