Ps3 Yellow Light Of Death

cowman1

About 2 years ago i bought an xbox 360, and it got the doomed RLOD after a laughable 6 months. I tried to get it fixed once then it just did it again, so I cut my losses and bought a ps3. I loved the PS3 and thought it was a pretty sturdy machine, even so I always made sure I kept the air-con on while playing it, as I was till living in fear after the 360. Anyway, now my ps3 has just got the "yellow light of death". It's so annoying, am I just unlucky or are they just not designed very well anymore? I loved my ps3 and now it is useless.

Anyway, I have rung MBK and they said they can fix it but YLOD is a big problem, could be 4000 baht. I am prepared to pay this but would it be as good as new, or would it just be a temporary fix, in which case I'm better off buying a new one. But what is to say that it will be any better? I never had a nintendo or a megadrive go on my in the past, but I'm starting to lose all faith now.

Has anyone had the YLOD? If so, did you get it fixed? Is it still working? Thanks is anyone can offer help / advice.