Paypal Scam

I had a e-mail yesterday reportedly from Paypal. The e-mail looked very authentic and it was asking me to verify my account details. It also said that if I did not respond my account would be suspended. I followed the link... and when it started to ask me for my credit card number and 3 digit code on the rear of my card along with my home address I started to get suspicious. I forwarded a copy to Paypal who informed me this was a scam e-mail and thanked me for my trouble. Just be very careful about e-mails from Paypal and banks I have just heard about another scam e-mail from HSBC bank asking the same to give bank account and credit card details. I know there have been many warnings about these scams, but I have to say the e-mails look so original and the real thing so BE CAREFUL..... Contact your bank if in doubt.... and NEVER give bank account details or credit card details to anyone who send you e-mails. Remember banks or creditcard companies will NEVER send you e-mails asking for such details..

Edited by melbat

I had a e-mail yesterday reportedly from Paypal. The e-mail looked very authentic and it was asking me to verify my account details. It also said that if I did not respond my account would be suspended. I followed the link... and when it started to ask me for my credit card number and 3 digit code on the rear of my card along with my home address I started to get suspicious. I forwarded a copy to Paypal who informed me this was a scam e-mail and thanked me for my trouble. Just be very careful about e-mails from Paypal and banks I have just heard about another scam e-mail from HSBC bank asking the same to give bank account and credit card details. I know there have been many warnings about these scams, but I have to say the e-mails look so original and the real thing so BE CAREFUL..... Contact your bank if in doubt.... and NEVER give bank account details or credit card details to anyone who send you e-mails. Remember banks or creditcard companies will NEVER send you e-mails asking for such details..

And NEVER click a link in an email from PayPal, a bank, Credit Card company. You can put your curson over the link and definitely see where you are being directed - and it won't be your Paypal account.

Genuine emails usually address you at the top of the message my your real name or user name. Also, in the case of Pay Pal, eBay and Amazon, there should also be an identical message for you in your account pages on the respective website. If I receive an email purporting to be from any of these organisations I do not open them but go to the website.

Any email that warns your account is likely to be suspended is probably phishing.

I get 10 -15 e-mails everyday from "Banks" saying my account has been suspended which is great as I don't have an account with any of them but their you go. I never open any e-mail from any bank, paypal, e-bay or any other company that I deal with, as another poster said there will also be an e-mail in your account so when I log on I'll see it. My e-mail filter is set to exclusive so only mail from my contacts goes in to my inbox, everything else is deleted, unless I know who it is from.

Brigante7.

Any email that warns your account is likely to be suspended is probably phishing.

No I got my paypal already 3 times suspended!

But the trick is to log in like normal and don't follow any links.

Not sure where the OP's or others PayPal account is domiciled but as far as the US domiciled accounts, they TELEPHONE me whenever they suspect something. If I don't answer, they suspend the account until I do call them back. They never email saying there's a problem and even the secure online account website never reports a problem. The onus is on the legal account owner to call them if they find their account or plastic inactive and their resolution is very quick. I don't know why some people, like the OP, can profess to knowing that PayPal will never solicit account information online via email or website but still click on any bogus email they get regardless.

ive had emails from Paypal too, but generally they are from [email protected]. This is NOT the paypal url.

Also Paypal will post messages on your account.

As with ANY financial /banking related website NO-ONE should ever respond/reply to unsolicited emails.

Open a new browser window and enter the financial institutions URL diretly and goto your account and use the secure email.

Every bank/money firm tells you do do this..

SO why open sus.. emails..