Ntsc video?

Hurricane51

I have about 75 commercial DVDs, 100 commercial VHS tapes, and 100 mini-DV tapes (from my digital camcorder) all in NTSC format. If I move to Thailand, would it be possible to find NTSC playback equipment for these media types? Or should I plan to bring my equipment and face the customs duty on the units?

What about the TV/Monitor? I certainly don't want to ship something that heavy and fragile. Are there dual format monitors available?

Multi system playback VHS recorders and TVs are the norm here.  Don't know about DVD.

I assume you have duty free entry?  If not you might want to re-consider bringing much; other than yourself.  The cost to ship and customs fees can add up.

How would I get duty-free entry?

Only knowing your name here and your interest in NTSC have no idea.   Believe you should contact a Royal Thai Consulate and discuss your plans before you go much further.  They would be in the best position to advise you.

I am working here only for a short time but when I costed the difference between buying and the problems transporting don't even bother.

Purchase a dvd video deck her in Bangkok and it is Pal NTSC compatible,and if you have problems can by easily repaired under warantee,

Will give the unit away when I leave to some young lady that has given me her attention.

The only things you need to bring from overseas is books on teenage fashion and film stars, the girls go mad over them and if she can't speak english (96%) gives her something to browse through while your having a shower

I am working here only for a short time but when I costed the difference between buying and the problems transporting don't even bother.

Purchase a dvd video deck her in Bangkok and it is Pal NTSC compatible,and if you have problems can by easily repaired under warantee,

Will give the unit away when I leave to some young lady that has given me her attention.

The only things you need to bring from overseas is books on teenage fashion and film stars, the girls go mad over them and if she can't speak english (96%) gives her something to browse through while your having a shower

Good advice Ozzie,

Buy one here and give it to someone that you feel happy giving it to when you leave, good style.

Everyone's a winner.