Art Museum

phetaroi

Have you been yet. I went today for the first time. Very impressive building. The Khon mask and clothing display was wonderful. Interesting display of photographs of the King and Queen, particularly when first married and their worldwide traveling. Weird display about lullabies...I just didn't get it.

Another Thai rip-off price for farangs, however -- ABSOLUTELY FREE!!!!! :)

Photography allowed. Daily except Mondays, open through the evening.

If this is the Bangkok Art and Cultural Center your referring too then I've been there too, it is definitely free to get in for everybody. One piece I especially liked was at the raised BTS entrance coming from National Stadium titled something like 'If there was no corruption' and shows the Bangkok transport network should this of been the case, quite thought provoking.

Although it sounds like they have a lot more to see in there now following the official opening, will have to return again soon.

Martin

Have you been yet. I went today for the first time. Very impressive building. The Khon mask and clothing display was wonderful. Interesting display of photographs of the King and Queen, particularly when first married and their worldwide traveling. Weird display about lullabies...I just didn't get it.

Another Thai rip-off price for farangs, however -- ABSOLUTELY FREE!!!!! :)

Photography allowed. Daily except Mondays, open through the evening.

I suggest you explain this comment.

Another Thai rip-off price for farangs, however -- ABSOLUTELY FREE!!!!!

Another Thai rip-off price for farangs, however -- ABSOLUTELY FREE!!!!!

Are you trying to say that it is 'free' or a 'rip off price' for farang admission?

I was being tongue and cheek because so many complain about rip-offs. It was totally free.

If this is the Bangkok Art and Cultural Center your referring too then I've been there too, it is definitely free to get in for everybody. One piece I especially liked was at the raised BTS entrance coming from National Stadium titled something like 'If there was no corruption' and shows the Bangkok transport network should this of been the case, quite thought provoking.

Although it sounds like they have a lot more to see in there now following the official opening, will have to return again soon.

Martin

Wow! I'm impressed that a country as culturally repressed as Thailand would allow an exhibit bearing this title!

And that's exactly what 'art's' purpose is, to provoke thought, not merely decorate, they call that wallpaper.

Hoping for more promotion and national exposure of this gallery. Thanks.

Afraid I missed the no corruption sign, where was that.

I went up and down the building looking for the art which was quite embarrassing for me, as I took a friend there who is a very accomplished artist.

It would seem art "no have", so I will be giving that a miss in the future unless they put on some wildly enticing exhibition.

Afraid I missed the no corruption sign, where was that.

I went up and down the building looking for the art which was quite embarrassing for me, as I took a friend there who is a very accomplished artist.

It would seem art "no have", so I will be giving that a miss in the future unless they put on some wildly enticing exhibition.

Well, actually it's the Bangkok Art & Culture Center.

I think "art" is used in a broad sense here. It included a display of Khon mask and costume making...that's art.

It included a photography exhibit...that's art.

It included art about the King in different media...that's art.