Chiang Mai, Need Place To Live

BillyBobThai

Need place in Chiang Mai to live After living in Pattaya for 5 1/2 years, and Phichit provence for 6 months, I am now planning to move to Chiang Mai. After 4 years, the G/F thinks that I do not give her enough money every month and wants to marry some other farang if she can find one. Time to move. I was in Chiang Mai this month for the first time, on a run to get my annual retirement visa, and it seemed to be a nice town. I am wanting to rent a house or apartment with at least 2 bedrooms air conditioned for a long term lease. I do not want to be too far away from the night life. I have a motorcycle, but no car. I have read on some postings somewhere, that a house could be rented for 6000 baht or so a month. Can anyone give me some names of where to look?? I will be comming up the first of October, and living in a hotel until I find a place to live. Please pm me with any help that you can offer.

Thanks for your help icon_smile.gif

BillyBobThai icon_smile.gif

Need place in Chiang Mai to live After living in Pattaya for 5 1/2 years, and Phichit provence for 6 months

Why not just scroll down about seven posts beneath yours and read the post "Should I Move to Chiang Mai". And use the search engine to find lots of posts about this subject.

Edited by Asmerom

When your here you'll have no problem finding something available; once your looking (ie a Thai realty office) more and more housing choices will appear. You might find more housing choices within your pricing range 5 mins or more outta town. Close to the moat, view apartment and houses are more than what you suggested; but a short ride away (pick your direction) there is plenty of available housing.

Recently looking at the Moo Ban right off the Nong Hoi intersection at a house, as friends wanted us to live closer to the friendly groups of expats there, ended up not only looking at the one house in question (a very nice single level, 3 br, on a quiet, end of the street location), ended up looking at 8 houses all together. In short order the word got out that a farang was looking for a house and more places than we could look at in a day presented themselves.

Cheers