Diving Koh Tao

rucus7

Its been really nice he last month or so and Dec Jan is also normally nice :D Tao is pretty good all year round unlike the other side where you only get around 6 months. There is also some great diving in Chumphon on the mainland. Great dive sites and no other divers there. I have also started doing some amazing fresh water cave diving in khoa Sok in the natnional park south of Chumphon. When my friend started diving they told him there was 3 caves. We are now up to around 15. Diving somewhere you know you are the first person to do so is fantastic. It has also taken my diving to another level as well. He is now seting up a compressor, some tanks and kit there so we don't have to drag all our equipment there every time. :) PM me if you want some pics :D

I am familiar with Chumpon only as a stop over when driving between Phuket and Bangkok. Any Information you can give, regarding dive operators or shops in Chumpon will be greatly appreciated . I assume that the best times to dive would be the same for Chumpon as Koh Tao.

Do you happen to know where I might be able to rent a tank in Pattaya?

Best time of the year is around April and August. This month has been good as well, various whaleshark sightings at Sail Rock but as soon as the monsoon starts in November, it's not that great.

Dec and Jan can be hit and miss, if you're flexible, I would aim for April or August.

I agree that Dec / Ja can be a little hit and miss....particularly Dec...but anytime Feb onwards thru to August, the weather and conditions are high percentage good, lots of dive schools in Sairee Beach Koh Tao, all fighting for the trade, so crunch yourself a deal..also accomodation plentiful and reasonable and if you want a tip where to eat, always good food and service at White Elephant restaurant sairee beach

Have fun