Where Can I Find A Bmx Or Simple Single Speed Bike In Bangkok?

HalfSquat

Does anyone know where I can get a cheap or second hand BMX or simple single speed push bike?

I just want a basic one, not a trick one as I will just be riding it to the BTS and around the back streets to explore so just after something simple and cheap I can easily nip about on.

Any chance of finding one in Bangkok?

Cheers

nbt8py.jpg

DSC04644.JPG

You can get cheap bikes from most large supermarkets, I know the Big C near me have a large selection including BMX's. There's also numerous bike shops with cheap bikes along Sukhumvit between Soi 103 and the Bangna Trad, but unless you live in the area it's quite a way to go. There is a very good bike shop on Th. Sarasin (Pro Bike, I think it's called) that sells singlespeed bikes but they are very expensive and I wouldn't want to leave it anywhere.

I recently converted my bike to a singlespeed but found it was cheaper to get the parts sent over from the UK. I've found that Thai's seem to like to have as many gears as possible on their bikes and don't really do the singlespeed thing. Strange as there are no hills in BKK. Since putting some slicks on my bike and losing the gears my bike goes like a dream. Such a great way of exploring Bangkok's back streets.

Does anyone know where I can get a cheap or second hand BMX or simple single speed push bike?

I just want a basic one, not a trick one as I will just be riding it to the BTS and around the back streets to explore so just after something simple and cheap I can easily nip about on.

Any chance of finding one in Bangkok?

Cheers

nbt8py.jpg

DSC04644.JPG

Love the picture of the BMX, brings back many a happy memory.

Brigante7.

I've seen two new bike shops pop up in and around Wong Wian Yai over the past year, selling nice fixed wheeled bikes cheaper than most shops in bangkok.

If you get to Wong Wian Yai round about, walk down the road the Horses Ass points down (huge horse statue in the middle of the round about), the shops about 20 meters down that road.