Polysyrene Beads Or Small Granuals

dave2

im looking for about a carrier bag / half a pillow case of SMALL polystyrene beads !

has anyone any idea where i might find a bag of small beads or balls.....if so .... where ?

chunks ... lumps .... or large chopped up bits will be no good

any inputs gratefully recieved .... dave2

Chiang Mai Plastic around worrorot market sell them in various sizes for around 400 baht per kilo. I saw a kilo bag and it was a about a bin bag full.

In Thai it is "met foam" - เม็ดโฟม

Cheaper alternative is to go to Siam TV and ask them for their discarded packaging, and tear it up yourself.

Chiang Mai Plastic around worrorot market sell them in various sizes for around 400 baht per kilo. I saw a kilo bag and it was a about a bin bag full.

In Thai it is "met foam" - เม็ดโฟม

Cheaper alternative is to go to Siam TV and ask them for their discarded packaging, and tear it up yourself.

Yes it may in fact be cheaper BUT it is not what the OP wants :)

There is a shop near Kam Thiang market that sells polystyrene beads about the size of a peanut. You must buy in kilo bags however (probably 2x pillow). If you turn off of the superhighway into the Kam Thiang market entrance, go straight. I can't remember if it is the first or second 4-way intersection, turn left and the place is on the left right after the turn. It looks like more like a warehouse than a shop. Hope that helps.

thanks for the replies.

i found exactly what i want in warrarot market but they wanted 190 baht for about half a pillow case full ?

so ill look round a few other places as 190 baht seems a bit steep to me .

thanks again ..... dave2