Has There Been Another S.e.a. Cable Problem?

Meridian007

I know that there have been re-occurring problems with cables near Japan and in the China seas, which has an effect on access to site from certain geographical areas. For example, Wikipedia has been flakey for me this week, many times I cannot connect to it at all.

I checked to make sure that it wasn't just a rootkit on my computer, but maybe True is having problems? Does anyone know?

It seems more recent than the typhoon problem a month ago, and True has supposedly re-routed, so I'm not sure if this is something new?

****Edit****

Sorry, I just realized that this isn't the forum this post should be in.

Edited by Meridian007

I dont know what is going on but I have similar problems.

Just had a MaxNet connection setup here and it is horrible on certain webbsites. Aslo, it seems like torrent downloads is super slow and certain gaming sites are also working terribly slow.

Are my problems related to the same as the OP or something else?

I know that there have been re-occurring problems with cables near Japan and in the China seas, which has an effect on access to site from certain geographical areas. For example, Wikipedia has been flakey for me this week, many times I cannot connect to it at all.

I checked to make sure that it wasn't just a rootkit on my computer, but maybe True is having problems? Does anyone know?

It seems more recent than the typhoon problem a month ago, and True has supposedly re-routed, so I'm not sure if this is something new?

****Edit****

Sorry, I just realized that this isn't the forum this post should be in.

I am having same problems with TOT. I have run speed test to USA, UK and Singapore. All of them real slow. Looks like there is some kind of problem in Bangkok. I can ping and speed test Bangkok at 1.7 Mb/s which is not bad for a 2 Mb/s connection. It all goes slow when connecting outside of Thailand