Tot Down Again?

Dissolution

For the 5th day now, I've been getting speeds like the following (or less) to anywhere at all outside of Bangkok.

576647166.png

Anyone know what's up? Tried calling their call center, but we all probably know how that went down.

I'm desperately waiting to switch to True; this new apartment I'm in only has lines installed for TOT at the moment. :)

I must say my 2 meg TOT just outside Khon Kaen city has been awful the past week after 6 pm. Well seeded torrents are downloading at a massive 5 per second as opposed to the usual 150 at that time and at about 9 pm I've given up waiting for Thaivisa and other websites to load.

Somehow, their highest possible package is 3mbps, and the best I've been able to get is 5% of that the past 5 days. The only time when anything at all can be done is from ~3am until about 8am. Everything was at a speed I could live with previously, about 1mbps. I wonder what happened 5 days ago. Someone spilled coffee on the servers?

(If this is a locational thing, I'm in Bangkok, alongside Rama 9.)

I called them today after the suffering the same painfully slow speeds to anywhere outside Thailand. They told me it was the same for all TOT customers at the moment and they have engineers working on the problem. No schedule or any idea of when it would be fixed.

It's a shame because I've had a very consistent service for 3 years now. It is not perfect or as fast as advertised but it has been steady and consistent for this part of the world. Let's hope they fix it soon!

Same problem down Sattahip way with TOT. I call 1100 every day and they tell me an engineer is coming out but he never does. I ask about bad international cables and they know nothing Wait it out or change to ?????????

Here in Pattaya for the past 10 days or so around 8 pm I get a reconnect and the speed drops to half of what it is before that time (that doesn't mean the speed is good before 8 pm).Then around midnight everything returns to ""normal"".

Also several times during the day I get an interruption of only a few seconds,almost unnoticeable but I get a new ip address at that time.I only know because my download program notifies me that the ip address has changed.

Tonight here in Pattaya I get 46kbps on an international test and 78 kbps in Thaivisa's test which is bad (TOT), but not as bad as some of you guys. If I am not mistaken the dieal-up connection in the "old" days was 56 kbps so still below that which is completely unacceptable, not not much to do about I afraid. :)

Now it is just past midnight and it seems like you are right basjke, now my speed is 135 kbps on the international test which is app. 6-7% of what I pay 1K bath pr month for (2048kbps), so still pretty chappy.

I guess that inter net providers are the only ones in the whole world who can get away with only deliver 7 % of what the customers has paid for!! : :)

Tomorrow I will go to TOT and demand money back after the following formula: 3years X 90%= 0.9X1000(I am generous here). he-he, No I won't waste my time of that, but it's temping though :D

Now it is just past midnight and it seems like you are right basjke, now my speed is 135 kbps on the international test which is app. 6-7% of what I pay 1K bath pr month for (2048kbps), so still pretty chappy.

I guess that inter net providers are the only ones in the whole world who can get away with only deliver 7 % of what the customers has paid for!! : :)

Tomorrow I will go to TOT and demand money back after the following formula: 3years X 90%= 0.9X1000(I am generous here). he-he, No I won't waste my time of that, but it's temping though :D

At least you should go there and change your contract as the 2 Mb connection is only 490 baht a month currently. :D

By the way did you also notice that you got a quick reconnection around midnight and then the speed doubled?

I get the speed increase at about 3am... until about 8am. And I was used to complain all the time about True. Now I'm waiting anxiously to be able to drop TOT like the trash that it is, and get back on True.

Just have to wait for them to get lines to this new apartment.

At least you should go there and change your contract as the 2 Mb connection is only 490 baht a month currently. :D

By the way did you also notice that you got a quick reconnection around midnight and then the speed doubled?

Well that is interesting, are you saying that you pay 490 for 2000 kbps? I live in a house so TOT is the only option I have. I will definitely go and talk to them, thanks for that :D .

Yes as I wrote my speed went up to 135 from 46 past midnight, but it was extremely slowly last night :) .

Same problem for me in Pattaya as well, what’s really annoying is that we upgraded to 3mb and were usually getting around 2600kb which I was more than happy with but for the last 10 days or so it’s terrible. Just did a speed test and got the following results

Thai visa speed test

Download Speed: 289 kbps (36.1 KB/sec transfer rate)

Upload Speed: 318 kbps (39.8 KB/sec transfer rate)

Latency: 448 ms

Let’s hope they fix it soon I am fed up of paying for something I am not getting.

Well al least its not just me I was beginning to think it was my computer!

:)

speedtest .net

download 0.11

upload 0.31

Edited by daveb1

When I first got my 2 Meg TOT I was fairly impressed. I live in the sticks and was downloading well seeded 700meg movie torrents in about 30 -40 minutes which I can live with. It's pissing awful tonight. Torrent with 130 seeds and 12 leechers are actually dropping into the bytes per second with an eta of 10 months.

Amazingly...

Here's to hoping this lasts. :)

Bangkok- 1.5Mb TOT

DL 1.41 Mb/s - UL 0.41 Mb/s

Bangkok - Bangkok... OK

DL 0.57 Mb/s - UL 0.30 Mb/s

Bangkok - Rome [Europe] Sad...

DL 0.06 Mb/s (!!!!) - UL 0.14 Mb/s

Bangkok - Denver [uSA] Ridiculous...

I think TOT connection doesn't worth a satang... I'm better to hurry up to find a better provider.

"Engineers working on it," is the same explanation TOT gives every year, to no avail.

The real problem is that the kids are on school break and filling up the internet gaming shops from about 9am to 10-11 pm. Expect tortoise speeds until the end of the month. Happens every year at this time and around March 1st. Yawn. :)