Anyone Play Guitar Here? And How Did You Get Your Equipment In Los?

submaniac

Anywhere in Pattaya that does 'set-ups' I want to them to give my Gibson the once over.. Just want the action adjusted, the neck checked and the intonation set.

Have a chat with the guys in the music store up on Sukumvit (opposite the Tesco Lotus / Tepprasit Road turning). I haven't had any work done there, but have browsed fairly frequently and chatted, as well as the language barrier would permit. They seem knowledgeable and farang-friendly.

There is also another guitar store on Pattaya Klang, about midway and on your left hand side as you ride down towards Beach road. Again, I don't have first-hand experience but they have some quality guitars; Les Pauls, Strats etc. They may point you in the right direction.

Good luck!

(Great thread this, for guitar buffs)

I know the place on Sukky... But can't place the one on Klang ? There is a small shop on soi town in town ( just after foodland going towards sukky) and there is 'studio melodica' almost opposite foodland... But don't know of any guitar shop on Klang itself... any more info ?

It's not the one in Soi Town, it's actually on Pattaya Klang about midway between Carrefour and the Soi Buakow turning. If you can do so safely, just slow right down and keep looking to your left. They have an excellent window display of guitars, including a nice wine red Les Paul so you won't miss it easily. Sorry, I don't know the name of it but it's not as far up as foodland.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pdaz, Further to my post above, I was in the area yesterday and picked up a business card. The shop name is 'Nabakk Music'. As I've said before, the window display includes some quality instruments, a mix of U.S. & Mexican Strats and a great Les Paul. The language barrier is the problem. Take someone Thai if you want to sound them out vis-a-vis intonation and set up etc. The assistant thought I wanted a guitar tuned! :)

Thanks dude.. Funny can't believe I've lived 10 years + and didn't know about that shop.. I'll go down tommorow and have a look. No probs with the language barrier as my Thai is fine for most conversation.

Cheers

• 2 weeks later...