Cheapest Option For Calling Overseas Bank Hotline

pigh123

I need to call the Commonwealth Bank Australia hotline to reset my online password(they've frozen my internet banking).

The number is +61 13 2828.

Are these kind of numbers(hotlines) more expensive than standard oversea's numbers?

Whats the cheapest way of me doing this?

I've got a mobile thats with "12call", would this take up alot of credit?

Sorry for the newbie question but I havn't phoned oversea's from Thailand yet.

Any help appreciated :)

I need to call the Commonwealth Bank Australia hotline to reset my online password(they've frozen my internet banking).

Are these kind of numbers(hotlines) more expensive than standard oversea's numbers?

12call 100 baht should cover you about 20 minutes

Join the club - lol.

Welcome to the World of having to Contact your issuing Bank. I use to have to do it regularly, and I use to use my 12call Mobile, as someone else said, keep it as brief as possible, tell them you are calling from Thailand, and it should not be more than 100bt.

I have recently found on my UK Bank (online banking) website, that there is a facility where you can state that you will be away in another country, maybe it would be a good idea to look if this is possible for you. I can do it every 3 months, so it should stop the block going on my Card.

Good luck with it.

I use a CAT card express,which is about 2 baht a minute for an oversea's call.

Just go to your local CAT office and buy them.

You have to type in a long pin code then the international number but after spending 200baht to ask the bank if I could draw out my own money I think it's worth it.

If you ask for the cheapest way and you have got access to a PC or laptop with internet then I would try Skype. If you have a Skype "pay as you go" arrangement then you pay US$ 0.068 for calls to Australian hotlines. If you have a "world unlimited" subscription then it's free.

If you call a toll free number in the USA (800 or 866) with Skype, there is no charge to your account. I don't know if this would be the case in other countries but it is worth checking out.

Check out Skype. When I call US 800 numbers I do not pay any. It may be true for Australia too if you register your home as Australia.

Well the OP was talking about a hotline number in Australia; the -13- hotline numbers are not the same as tollfree numbers, since these numbers are not free.

You can check at Skype website and there you find it black on white that -13- numbers in Australia will cost $0.068 for a pay as you go contract and they are free for world unlimited subscribers.

Since I am using Skype for most of my private calls and for business, expecially my telephone charges are a small fraction of what they have been before. Sometimes I was spending more than 40'000 baht per month on international callsfor my small business and now it's never more than about US$ 20 per month.