Anyone Have A Macbook For Sale By Chance?

pigh123

Random question but does anyone have a used Macbook for sale in or near Chiang Mai?

Nothing in the classifieds so thought I'd ask :)

Where can I look for one locally?

I don't see them come up second-hand very often. Have you thought of getting a MiniMac and using your current keyboard and display, assuming you have them? About the price of a used MacBook.

Random question but does anyone have a used Macbook for sale in or near Chiang Mai?

It's not quite local but you can search Pantip in BKK and I see them frequently for sale.

Pantip

What is your budget? I might have a 2.0 ghz MB Pro 15" I would consider selling so I can upgrade to a new one.

Also have you checked the older new models sold by the MacZone? They seem to have some good deals. That might be your best bet because the used market for Macs does not depreciate like in the US.

Hi, I've been thinking about selling mine, white macbook, microprocessor Speed: Intel 1.83 GHz, Memory: 1.25 GB,

hard disk: 160 Gbites, also runs windows and has a lot of software, send me a pm if interested and we talk more.

Cheers for the advice guys.

I was told to look on ebay as they're alot cheaper in the u.s. There alot to choose from at good prices so think ill go for one of them.

Expect to pay heavy duty even for a second hand one, if you are considering having it shipped to Thailand.

I was told to look on ebay as they're alot cheaper in the u.s. There alot to choose from at good prices so think ill go for one of them.

Expect to pay heavy duty even for a second hand one, if you are considering having it shipped to Thailand.

I've heard they just make the duty up depending on what the item is. Is this true?

If not then how much do you think duty would be on a macbook worth 16,000baht?

I've heard they just make the duty up depending on what the item is. Is this true?

If not then how much do you think duty would be on a macbook worth 16,000baht?

Althought the Thai customs have categories for duty on imported items, they never seem to adhere to these, and can be open to negotiation.

If you happen to ship it via DHL, they will not deliver it until you pay them the duty anyway. Maybe a call to DHL, and ask them what the duty will be on that figure, then you have an idea. Possibly it might be worth paying the extra, and buying one locally?

I think we mac lovers have been in the same boat at sometime. Sure you can buy it on Ebay etc but after shipping costs, duty, potential for damage or loss and the possiblitity you might have an issue and need to return it then buying in SEA can make much more sense.

If you can get someone to bring it to you on the airplane then that would be the ticket.

Also I have had things shipped air mail registered and they have sailed thru customs but its a sizeable gamble for sure with a laptop.

They are a lot cheaper in the states....don't forget you can claim the tax you pay back at the airport (if you have a non american passport) making it an even better bargain!!

If you like to shoot craps, go ahead and make a deal through ebay or arrange for some buddy to stuff a used computer into his carry on. Good luck! At the very least, what a bother! What is your time worth?

Suggestion: Deal locally with the Apple people in town, not someone you meet casually here.

Still too expensive? Hey, go for a PC! Lot's of them around. And save big time with a pirated Windows 7!

Happy computing!

Just buy a new one from the apple store thailand. If you second hand one breaks down then it will probably end up costing the same as a new one anyway. I don't recommend buying through the local resellers, its the same price as online usually, but it just goes through the hands of local thai people instead of coming direct from singapore via dhl (Apple already pays customs or whatever).

Though if you buy from the apple store, you can't claim the VAT back, becuase they arn't registered in the tourist program.

The Windows 7 copies arn't dodgey atm, they are a pre relase/beta version of Windows 7. And a whole lot more stable that Vista.